Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wts: Dec vt05

If anyone wants it, the first $1100US (plus shipping) gets it. I don't have space or time to continue with it.

I ended up buying this DEC VT05. UPS lost one in shipping for me and I couldn't pass up the opportunity of someone local having one. If anyone wants me to take some measurements, I am happy to do so. I will also be taking lots of pictures.

Now to find a similar keyboard...

I'm glad you're the one who got this, snuci. After the UPS disaster, I was hoping you'd get this. I look forward to the pictures.

Blog Entries

Cool! If you take sufficient pictures, in rings right around, from low to high and tell us the model of your camera then there's a good chance they could be turned into a point cloud.
    Speaking of point clouds, I read yesterday that a US university team had recently completed a two billion point cloud of the Notre Dame cathedral, laser-scanned from 50 viewpoints which may come in handy for the restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by snuci View Post
    Now to find a similar keyboard...
    Watch for a scrap LA30 DecWriter... The early VT05 terminals had a
    capacitive keyboard like the one shown at the bottom of this picture.
    But the later LA30 had probably those switch contact keyboards too...

VT05 LA30 keyboard.jpg

I've checked the VT100 knobs since you have the non capacitive version.
    These will fit too but not as perfect as the original. And the shape is different off course.

IMG_20190504_100922.jpg IMG_20190504_100950.jpg IMG_20190504_100958.jpg

Regards, Roland
    Last edited by Roland Huisman; May 4th, 2019 at 12:30 AM.
    WTB: Case for Altair 8800 ...... Rolands Github projects

Thanks Roland. I appreciate the tip.

The non-capacitive keyboard in my VT05 is made by Stackpole. I am not sure I will find the right font on the keys on other keyboards of the era unless it is a DEC branded keyboard so I have been on the lookout for anything full or partial. There are also a couple of key stems that are broken which should be able to be fixed.

Searching for "stackpole switch", I was able to find a similar toggle switch top to the two on the right but without any lettering. I was fortunate to find it along with a replacement switch.

stackpole switch.jpg

I am still on the hunt...