Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Real Life Jobs

Blog Entries

Not to be flippant, but some of the happiest people I've ever met have been in the plumbing and waste-disposal trades.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey986 View Post
    Good thing I only sleep 5 hours a night.
    Don't burn out. My chronic lack of sleep for decades caused permanent damage. I try to get at least 6 hours and shoot for 7 on weekdays and 8-9 on weekends.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Don't burn out. My chronic lack of sleep for decades caused permanent damage. I try to get at least 6 hours and shoot for 7 on weekdays and 8-9 on weekends.
    Doc told me it's ok. Actually had a sleep study on it. I may only sleep 5 hours, but I sleep like the dead. I hit REM sleep very quickly.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    Not to be flippant, but some of the happiest people I've ever met have been in the plumbing and waste-disposal trades.
    thats true, didnt mean to say anything negative :0

Cetainly, the staff at our recycling center are the happiest workers I know.

They do get first pick (though I did manage to nab a BBC B from a skip when their backs were turned)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Don't burn out. My chronic lack of sleep for decades caused permanent damage.
    Such as?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    I can see that about any job where you don't 'take your work home with you'... assuming your job pays well enough that you don't have money stress. Of course, his job is in management at a power station now, so i'm assuming that might be a little stressful.
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).

Quote Originally Posted by Corey986 View Post
    And of course, I sit on the VCF Board of Directors, consult on vintage tech museum exhibits around the world and consult/perform Apple-1 restorations. Oh and I executive produce a TV show... In my spare time I play Bass Guitar, Oh wait I have no spare time. Good thing I only sleep 5 hours a night.
    Well, now I feel like an underachiever and even with my significantly higher availability, I still feel like there isn't enough time for this Hobby.
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).