Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Panasonic Sr. Partner luggable, do you have one? Also looking for some accesories.

Default Panasonic Sr. Partner luggable, do you have one? Also looking for some accesories.

If you are unsure what a Panasonic Sr. Partner is, look at this PDF.

Is there any sort of user group or community for this? Unlikely, I am guessing the forum i am on right now may be the best place. I'm curious to see if there are any active owners here?

The 2 main accessories I'd like to get my hands on are the carrying case, and the Slot Extender. Original manuals and original floppies would be nice too. i only have the original DOS disk.

If there are any links to other groups, or suggestions where I may find these items for sale, I am all ears.

Blog Entries

I have no originals for sale, but if you need docs and disk images: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/P...-%20RL-H7000W/
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I have a couple of these that I have been wanting to restore to purchase configuration. I haven't been able to find a complete list of software (with versions!) that came with the computer. I sold these luggables so many moons ago and really loved them.

Kurt
    -------------------------------------------------------

My Vintage Computer Collection

I have a Sr Partner, Exec Partner, and a few other old Panasonic luggables/portables. The built-in printers set them apart from a number of competitors.

Never had any interest till I started working for Panasonic in 2011- left in 2016.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

I have an Exec Partner, as far as I know it's the same machine just a different form factor. I absolutely love it, it's my favorite portable/laptop

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eeguru View Post
    Exec Partner
    Hey, another Executive Partner owner!

Quote Originally Posted by RadRacer203 View Post
    I have an Exec Partner, as far as I know it's the same machine just a different form factor. I absolutely love it, it's my favorite portable/laptop
    And another one! No, I'm pretty sure the Exec is a later CPU.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Documentation and original disks for: Panasonic Sr. Partner, Zenith Z-160 series
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Thanks for the replies, and sorry for the delay. Mine arrived as described on eBay. Kinda dirty, but should clean up fairly well. This has optional RAM and the optional HD/Controller. The HD does not work. I've not dug into the exact reasons yet but will in the coming days.

For sh*ts and giggles, i decided to temporarily move over my Lo-tech XT-IDE out of my Tandy 1000HX to the Sr partner. It hangs at "Booting C>>C":. Anyone get the XT-IDE working on these computers?

Blog Entries

Did you physically remove the HD controller before trying the XT-IDE? (you should)
    Offering a bounty for:

Blog Entries

I have a Nixdorf PC-02, which is basically a rebadged Senior Partner:

Unfortunately, it throws the above error, so I'm guessing the internal hard drive is hosed. Still seems pretty neat, though.
    -Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAnt316 View Post
    Unfortunately, it throws the above error, so I'm guessing the internal hard drive is hosed. Still seems pretty neat, though.
    Actually, that error might mean it could read the disk but had trouble doing so. That's better than a "1701"-style error where the disk doesn't even start up. You might be able to low-level-format the hard drive.

The manual (in German) is here: ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/drivers/P..._15Nov1985.pdf
    I like it because it has more low-level details than the Sr. Partner manual.
    Offering a bounty for: