Image Map Image Map

Thread: Monitor for HP 9000/300

Default Monitor for HP 9000/300

I recently acquired an HP 9000/300 system from a computer store that was giving away old equipment, along with a HP 7937 disk drive, DEC Vaxstation II/GPX, SGI O2, IBM 5085, and some other accessories.

The HP 9000/300 has the monochrome graphics adapter installed (98544B). It has a single RCA connector on it, and I tried plugging it into a composite monitor, but it didn't appear to be a normal resolution signal. What kind of monitor would I need to be able to connect to this computer? I have a keyboard and mouse, just no monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Kossow View Post
    Look at the collector's notes. The NEC LCD monitors listed can still be found on fleabay, They work with a lot of odd video formats.

BTW,

If you are looking for one to buy, make sure is is one of the models listed on the HPmuseum website with BNC connections. The models that only have VGA connectors won't work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-MultiSy...torefresh=true

Thanks for the tips! My VGA monitor actually supports sync-on-green, so I got a VGA to RGBHV (5 BNC connectors) adapter and plugged it up, and it works! However, the HP 7937 drive is having issues, so I can't boot it.