Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: STILL WANTED: IBM XT/286 Board, 62X1025

So, another trouble, I've seen this board advertized as p/n 62x1025, and as 83x1511. What's the difference? I thought they only made one rev. of the board?

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    So, another trouble, I've seen this board advertized as p/n 62x1025, and as 83x1511. What's the difference? I thought they only made one rev. of the board?

One is likely the Manufacturer Part Number and the other the Field Replaceable Unit number (what service techs would key up) try and figure out which is which and search using the FRU, you'll get better results.

Blog Entries

Just found THIS ONE on eBay. Seller doesn't know what it is, but it sure looks like a 5162 mobo to me. One of the ram modules is missing and it's untested, but, with a starting bid of 10 bucks, you might get it cheep, if no one bids it up to much.

Okay, finally got the board!
    But now I need to find the dang battery holder
    62x0923, 62x0943

Quote Originally Posted by ibmapc View Post
    Just found THIS ONE on eBay. Seller doesn't know what it is, but it sure looks like a 5162 mobo to me. One of the ram modules is missing and it's untested, but, with a starting bid of 10 bucks, you might get it cheep, if no one bids it up to much.
    hey that's the one I bought! I've also been looking for one of these boards for about 20 years to fill my empty 5162 case. My battery holder is also broken, still usable but snapped in half

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
    Okay, finally got the board!
    But now I need to find the dang battery holder
    62x0923, 62x0943
    If you find a supply of these let me know. I want to buy one or two more for other machines I have.

There might be some printable ones on thing-a-verse, or you could maybe someone to design a printable one if not.

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

I actually managed to glue mine back together... Is it not the same part number as the AT one? Sure looks similar

Nah, the AT didn't use that, it had an internal lithium pack. Oddly enough it does have a cutout for it on the back of the case, odder still is the XT also had that same cutout. Wonder what is would've been meant for?