Image Map Image Map

Thread: A norwegian podcast about retro games, hardware and technology

Default A norwegian podcast about retro games, hardware and technology

Hi,

I just wanted to let people here know about this new podcast I'm doing in Norwegian. Perhaps someone might enjoy it? We're releasing a new episode every 14 days, and each episode with focus on one particular subject - in-depth game analysis, guests, interviews with notable people, hardware deep-dive and much more.

Itunes - https://podcasts.apple.com/no/podcas...n/id1460188694
    soundcloud RSS - http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/so...196/sounds.rss

Blog Entries

Do you have a shorter link for the podcast? The default shortening of links isn't expanding correctly and I can't hit a search term that lets me find it.

Hi,

Yeah, sorry about that. Perhaps this works:
    Soundcloud RSS
    Apple Podcasts

Thanks for the link, aren't you planning to release it in English?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Overmann View Post
    I'm doing in Norwegian
    Just a comment, the audience for a podcast like this is world-wide; you would gain a lot more listeners if you could do it in English.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Just a comment, the audience for a podcast like this is world-wide; you would gain a lot more listeners if you could do it in English.
    Yeah, but there are so many podcasts out there covering this stuff in English, and when in Norwegian we won't have to suffer the embarasment of speaking out second language to each other in an empty room in Oslo. :P

Blog Entries

Most non-native English speakers think their English is terrible. I'm sure your English is fine.

There aren't "so many podcasts out there covering this stuff" in English, unless you're specifically talking about retro console games. For console games, I would agree.
    But Retro COMPUTER gaming is extremely under-represented. Heck, there are roughly 10 vintage computing/gaming podcasts that are still active today that I can even think of. I don't consider that a saturated market.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I just wanted to comment on this as a Welsh speaker because although it's nice to have a bigger
    audience through the medium of English, it's fantastic for speakers of other languages to hear
    people talking freely in their own language, particularly if it's a less spoken language as there are
    often less resources available in it for certain topics.

Keep up the good work, I hope you're audience really enjoy it.

Blog Entries

Hopefully, you will be willing to partner with an English speaking podcast on subjects of common interest. I have seen a number of obscure British designed computers where the only existing manuals have covers indicating that they were sold by a Norwegian company. Most of the discussion of actual use would require a Norwegian perspective.