Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kaypro II - Yes! A telephone cable works fine for the keyboard!

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UDX View Post
    You could stuff both cables in the cubby of an SX-64 but you might damage something in the process and then where do you put your disks? You're out of luck anyway if it's a DX or you've added a drive to an SX.

I've thought a lot about building a matching luggable case containing space for all this stuff plus a good size battery and inverter. ��
    I actually want to look into a way to mount a sd2iec adapter into the cubby of my sx-64, but i haven't thought of a nice way to do that which would be completely reversible. It would actually make that computer much more portable though.
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).

ngtwolf, I just noticed that the setup on my table here is kind of reminiscent of your profile photo, minus the machines (a TRS-80 and an Apple IIgs?) on the left and right

I've actually got a IIgs too, but it's not set up right now. Really would love to have one of those nice all-in-one TRS-80s someday!

thumbnail_IMG_4674.jpg

8-bit computers are awesome!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ngtwolf View Post
    I actually want to look into a way to mount a sd2iec adapter into the cubby of my sx-64, but i haven't thought of a nice way to do that which would be completely reversible. It would actually make that computer much more portable though.
    Why the cubby? If you want to use SD cards, do you need the 1541?

Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    ngtwolf, I just noticed that the setup on my table here is kind of reminiscent of your profile photo, minus the machines (a TRS-80 and an Apple IIgs?) on the left and right

I've actually got a IIgs too, but it's not set up right now. Really would love to have one of those nice all-in-one TRS-80s someday!

thumbnail_IMG_4674.jpg

8-bit computers are awesome!
    Actually, my apple is a iie, no iigs, the one at the end is the PS/1. I would like to get a iigs at some point since i have all the stuff for one. Most everything I have is in my signature. Though, I'm not sure I have more space for anything more though, i already had to reorganize that setup when i got the Commodore PET.

8-Bit machines are my primary interest though...
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Why the cubby? If you want to use SD cards, do you need the 1541?
    True, but I would like to keep everything that's there now, just add the sd option. I do still have disks so it'd be nice to have that option, whereas if i took over the cubby slot, it's nothing removed or anything I'd have to put back to undo my changes.
    -- Brian

Actually, my apple is a iie, no iigs, the one at the end is the PS/1. I would like to get a iigs at some point since i have all the stuff for one. Most everything I have is in my signature. Though, I'm not sure I have more space for anything more though, i already had to reorganize that setup when i got the Commodore PET.

8-Bit machines are my primary interest though...
    Yes, I know the one next to the Kaypro is a IIe, I just thought the one on the very left looked like a IIgs.

Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    Yes, I know the one next to the Kaypro is a IIe, I just thought the one on the very left looked like a IIgs.
    Yeah, that's the PS/1... it's way too ugly to be a iigs. Its my ImageDisk (IMD) computer.
    -- Brian

Blog Entries

True, but I would like to keep everything that's there now, just add the sd option. I do still have disks so it'd be nice to have that option, whereas if i took over the cubby slot, it's nothing removed or anything I'd have to put back to undo my changes.
    I don't know anything about this SD adaptor; does it allow you to put multiple disks on one card? If so, what I'm thinking is like the SD card in my wife's A2000: it's permanently mounted inside where nobody can see it. Otherwise, can it be fitted with a flat cable that would fit through the vents in the cubby?

I don't know anything about this SD adaptor; does it allow you to put multiple disks on one card? If so, what I'm thinking is like the SD card in my wife's A2000: it's permanently mounted inside where nobody can see it. Otherwise, can it be fitted with a flat cable that would fit through the vents in the cubby?
    It's very similar to how a Gotek works, so you need buttons to switch between disks. While it has a menu system like the Amiga and Atari ST Gotek's use, it only really works for loading up the initial disk. You still need buttons to switch between disks (for multi-disk software). The Pi1541 would possibly even be a better option but it has even more buttons, i got some boards printed up where I can build out a few of those. I was thinking about running the wires through the vent holes, it'll just take some planning as i probably will want to make some 3d printed 'front', but at the moment its a low priority project. I'm still in the fixing computers stage and computers keep breaking as fast as I fix them (or too many unplanned acquisitions).
    -- Brian