Image Map Image Map

Thread: Need Help finding small Fluorescent Lamps..... Dont need LED!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Need Help finding small Fluorescent Lamps..... Dont need LED!

So I had several of these 6w 9" T5 dual fluorescent Lamps I was using for Retrobriting, Solder Mask curing, and various other things. They were cheapo Chinese lamps but I got a couple years out of them. The problem is I cant seem to find anyone selling these fluorescent lamps anymore.. Everyone is selling LED and LED only! Even the local small and large hardware stores sell pretty much LED only unless you buy the very long tube lamps. Remember That push a couple years to go with the low power consumption fluorescent spiral bulbs? All my local big box stores don't even sell fluorescent bulbs at all anymore (my wife and I have a $20 gift card but we couldn't even use it!) I guess the bandwagon has shifted...

My problem is I have all these 9" 6w fluorescent bulbs but no lamp to use them in. Does anyone know where I can buy a T5 6w fluorescent bulb lamp? Preferably the 2 or 4 bulb layout. I know hydroponics people use these but I'm coming up dry. Be good to see what you guys might know.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Blog Entries

Fluorescent lamp fixtures sold new are nearly unobtainium, but for the 48" and 96" ones.

I can find germicidal fixtures for the G6T5 lamps, but they're not cheap.

Know where I can find a lamp for Sylvania 9" germicidal bulbs?

Also what happened? I am seeing anrise in incandescent bulbs back on shelves but fluorescent is out?? Why?

Blog Entries

Thanks Chuck, that is a start.

Blog Entries

My wife has 9 inch or so fluorescent lamp over her built-in desk near our kitchen. In the past, I've always been able to get replacements at Lowe's.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting