Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Need Help finding small Fluorescent Lamps..... Dont need LED!

Yeah... I think you might be out of luck unless you want to build your own from parts.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 64K CoCo 2, Commodore VIC-20, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

I have no problem building the parts If I can get them cheap enough. I think I am going to start with the 48" ballast as Chuck pointed out. I can do $10.00

Blog Entries

Take a look at the same page; there's a 2-lamp ballast there for about the same price.

Blog Entries

I bought a used desktop face tanning lamp set up to carry out my Winter retrobrite work.

This sort of thing:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/face-tann...p/323814213980

Now thats damn interesting zippysticks. What type and size bulbs does it run?

I just received a new ballast for larger t5 bulbs I was going to try, if that didn't work I was out of options.
    Chuck I called the company they say they only have single bulb lamps for the size and Style I need. I was going to look special order but I never heard back and that way some time ago.

Blog Entries

The problem is that other than for germicidal use, fluorescent lamps are going the way of the dodo--and rather quickly. 25 years ago, I upgraded all my fixtures to use solid-state electronic ballasts (more efficient); about 10 years ago, to use the T8 lamps in place of the F40s and recently retrofitted a bunch with LEDs (brighter and even more efficient).

Progress marches on...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    The problem is that other than for germicidal use, fluorescent lamps are going the way of the dodo--and rather quickly. 25 years ago, I upgraded all my fixtures to use solid-state electronic ballasts (more efficient); about 10 years ago, to use the T8 lamps in place of the F40s and recently retrofitted a bunch with LEDs (brighter and even more efficient).

Progress marches on...
    I'm more inclined to say "FADS" in this scenario.. Especially with the state of commercial stock for sale. Did I mention I burn coal for heat in the winter.......

Blog Entries

That's okay--I light my house with whale oil lamps.

Blog Entries

My understanding is that the OP's got the lamps, but needs the fixtures. Good luck.