Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 3.5" floppies won't exchange between PUTR and PDP-11 - except one...

Blog Entries

People have been nagging Jon for years to upgrade PUTR to something a little more portable but it ain't gonna happen.

Blog Entries

There have been several FILES-11 reading packages for the PC (the oldest I can find is from 1984), but apparently there's been little need to write FILES-11 volumes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jackrubin View Post
    People have been nagging Jon for years to upgrade PUTR to something a little more portable but it ain't gonna happen.
    Well, anybody who needs it is free to implement their own version in, say, Python (because it seems popular now) and make it available on the public source hosting site of their choice. Right?
    Torfinn

Blog Entries

Absolutely. Or just set a DOS machine!

I ended up using Win98SE and running PUTR without all the contortions to start DOS separately. Also I can run TeraTerm for file transfers to my PDP-8/A, and Kermit.
    Also working great.

An RL02 pack takes a handful of floppies to back up the files, but it's still a lot quicker than using Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    SFD-321B OEM manual

It's a very flexible drive--one word of caution, however: the units with the "naked" connector don't seem to have the same options as the more common ones with the shrouded connector.

The drives themselves should still be quite plentiful--Samsung OEMed a ton of them.
    Bought one of those with shrouded connector and indeed it changes from 300RPM to 360RPM. I tested all the 3 1/2" drives I had and three of the five drives can be switched using Pin 2. Thanks again for mentioning I was not even aware of
    this. A 3 1/2" RX33 is very cool. I need to fire up my RQDX3 especially now as I also found a ST-251-1.