Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Early IBM Microcomputers (5140, 5150, pcjr)

Exclamation WANTED: Early IBM Microcomputers (5140, 5150, pcjr)

Hi everyone, I can't say I've been part of this forum for a very long time. As a matter a fact, this is my first post. But I have been reading posts and threads for a couple years now.

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection.

IBM 5140 - PC convertible
    IBM 5150 - The OG, with 2 floppy drives.
    IBM PCjr - Hopefully, including monitor and display.
    IBM 5153 - Cga monitor
    IBM model F keyboard

I've already restored and repaired 2 IBM 5170's, a 5155 portable xt, a 5160 and 5151 monitor and a ps/2 model 70. I'm looking to complete my working collection, so I can make an informative documentary of sorts on the whole range of early IBM microcomputers. If you happen to keep up with some of the retro youtubers, there are few (except for 1 or 2) up to date and good videos on the topic. Please, shoot me a message if you have any of these systems and are willing to sell!

- Chris

Blog Entries

Please update your profile--otherwise the forum will have to assume that you reside in Tristan da Cunha and shipping costs will be disastrous.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xarpi View Post
    Hi everyone, I can't say I've been part of this forum for a very long time. As a matter a fact, this is my first post. But I have been reading posts and threads for a couple years now.

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection.

IBM 5140 - PC convertible
    IBM 5150 - The OG, with 2 floppy drives.
    IBM PCjr - Hopefully, including monitor and display.
    IBM 5153 - Cga monitor
    IBM model F keyboard

I've already restored and repaired 2 IBM 5170's, a 5155 portable xt, a 5160 and 5151 monitor and a ps/2 model 70. I'm looking to complete my working collection, so I can make an informative documentary of sorts on the whole range of early IBM microcomputers. If you happen to keep up with some of the retro youtubers, there are few (except for 1 or 2) up to date and good videos on the topic. Please, shoot me a message if you have any of these systems and are willing to sell!

- Chris
    You know that there are plenty of those on Ebay right?

IBM 5160 - 360k, 1.44Mb Floppies, NEC V20, 8087-3, 45MB MFM Hard Drive, Vega 7 Graphics, IBM 5154 Monitor running MS-DOS 5.00
    IBM PCJr Model 48360 640kb RAM, NEC V20,, jrIDE Side Cart, 360kb Floppy drives running MS-DOS 5.00
    Evergreen Am5x86-133 64Mb Ram, 8gb HDD, SB16 in a modified ATX case running IBM PC-DOS 7.10

Yes! haha, I just logged back in to adjust all that, Thanks for the tip though

Yes of course. However many of them are very overpriced, untested etc. I'd feel much better paying a fair price, for something that I either know is working, or I know what the problem is.

...and there's a warehouse closing up for good down in Texas that this guy over at Vogons bought all this amazing hardware from. Computer Reset in Dallas.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...=28580#p755973

Quote Originally Posted by Xarpi View Post

Nonetheless, I'm currently looking for a few early IBM microcomputers to complete my collection...

IBM model F keyboard
    Which Model F? PC/XT or AT?
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Hi, im looking for an early pc/xt model F.

Hi, yes I have seen the ebay listings, and I am always looking. But many sellers want way too much, and I feel more confident buying from someone who knows about the computer

Yes! Haha, sorry about that. Just got around to it earlier. Thanks