Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: XT Clone Not Reading Drives

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    It's the 5.25" drive that I'm interested in--what is the make and model? I can probably point you to settings. It's usually printed on a label on the rear of the drive.
    It is an M2551A Fujitsu 5.25 Floppy Drive

Also I just formatted the C: drive hoping clearing the software would help the drives be read but now I dont even have the HELP option this drivin me nuts

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck(G) View Post
    It's the 5.25" drive that I'm interested in--what is the make and model? I can probably point you to settings. It's usually printed on a label on the rear of the drive.
    I gave you the info

Blog Entries

Swap out the floppy disk card with a generic 16-bit multi o/i card with fdd support and see what happens. Don't worry about the overhanging part as thats for ide only.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Please describe what jumpers are set on your M2551A. That is a fairly standard drive used in clone PCs.

Try testing the system with only one drive at a time plugged in.

I'm not quite sure what that OP/ST jumper on the 720k drive is supposed to be.