Image Map Image Map
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mostek Z80 CP/M Computer System from 1979

Quote Originally Posted by Maggi#9295 View Post
    Ouch... too bad that he sold it for parts again... another computer lost forever. I would be interested what happened, maybe just some components was broken, but it would take a long time to find that out. Or maybe, because he was so "vague", he made some stupid mistake and doesnt want anyone to know that...
    I also found that someone in this thread also owns the computer: http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...r-of-some-sort, but there was no response after I left an post in the thread letting them know I could help booting it up, and also no response from a Private Message I send, I dont think he still owns it...
    I got the system from Eric
    It was stolen when someone broke into a storage container for the gold on the edge connectors.
    I found that I had the documentation and software somewhere else, so that has survived
    The disks are in the queue to be read.

Thank you so much for uploading the Manuals! I do not want to know how much work it was to scan all thooose pages...
    Its a real shame that it was stolen I assume the theft already scraped the machine...
    I am Interested on what thoose disks are and whats on them, i would love to try them out if they work on my machine. Do you have any more Documentation that isnt on the bitsavers website yet?

Maggi,

A gentleman in Germany has contacted me about an F8 cross assembler that runs on the Mostek AID-80F and SYS-80FT computers. The cross assembler ends up being on your “Olympia” FLP-80 disk image.

He doesn’t have real hardware, so I created an emulator for the Mostek AID-80F and SYS-80FT computers by customizing the z80pack emulator. It can run with any of the FLP-80 DOS, MOS-80, and CP/M disk images we’ve collected. I’ll post links to it on my website soon.

He’d like to contact you by email if you don’t mind.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by deramp5113 View Post
    Maggi,

A gentleman in Germany has contacted me about an F8 cross assembler that runs on the Mostek AID-80F and SYS-80FT computers. The cross assembler ends up being on your “Olympia” FLP-80 disk image.

He doesn’t have real hardware, so I created an emulator for the Mostek AID-80F and SYS-80FT computers by customizing the z80pack emulator. It can run with any of the FLP-80 DOS, MOS-80, and CP/M disk images we’ve collected. I’ll post links to it on my website soon.

He’d like to contact you by email if you don’t mind.

Mike
    Wow! Thats amazing! Ill check out your website soon.
    If I recall corretly, I have a bunch of other Floppy Disks with Olympia software on it, so if he is missing something or needs more stuff feel free to contact me about it.
    Did he say for what he needs that cross-assembler?

I have posted the AID-80F / SYS-80FT emulator here: https://deramp.com/downloads/mostek/AID-80F/emulator/

The console emulates a generic serial terminal, not the specifics of the VTI (video terminal interface) board, so programs which expect the cursor positioning or the graphic characters present in the VTI character PROM won't display properly.

Mike

Thanks a lot for your work creating this Emulator.
    I Installed Cygwin and all Default Packages, but for some reason it doesnt seem to work quite right.
    I followed all steps, but I cant see a prompt or a new window opening:

Am I doing something wrong or do I need to perform some extra steps?

Not unusual for file flags to be messed up when copying to Windows. Make sure the execute flag is set on sim.exe by typing: chmod +xxx sim.exe

Other than that, you may need to put the mosteksim folder inside the folder that the Cygwin desktop icon throws you into when double-clicked. Typically it’s a folder with your user name inside the home folder.

Mike

An F8 cross assembler has little application unless one has a VideoBrain or a ChannelF. I have a VideoBrain and a setup to do a ROM emulator on it. I suppose there is some industrial stuff using a F8 ( recall the Teridyne (sp?) tester we used at Intel used a F8 controller ).
    I've been meaning to fiddle with my VideoBrain but it is on a long list of things.
    I'll have to admit that I wouldn't go to the troubles to write an emulator for a different disk system just to be able to use a cross assembler on some other machine. It'd make much more sense to just write an assembler on what ever machine you were using.
    I'm curious as to why he needed a F8 assembler?
    Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by deramp5113 View Post
    Not unusual for file flags to be messed up when copying to Windows. Make sure the execute flag is set on sim.exe by typing: chmod +xxx sim.exe
    Other than that, you may need to put the mosteksim folder inside the folder that the Cygwin desktop icon throws you into when double-clicked. Typically it’s a folder with your user name inside the home folder.
    I tried that, but it also wasnt helping. Still nothing happened as i ran it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Elvey View Post
    An F8 cross assembler has little application unless one has a VideoBrain or a ChannelF. I have a VideoBrain and a setup to do a ROM emulator on it. I suppose there is some industrial stuff using a F8 ( recall the Teridyne (sp?) tester we used at Intel used a F8 controller ).
    I've been meaning to fiddle with my VideoBrain but it is on a long list of things.
    I'll have to admit that I wouldn't go to the troubles to write an emulator for a different disk system just to be able to use a cross assembler on some other machine. It'd make much more sense to just write an assembler on what ever machine you were using.
    I'm curious as to why he needed a F8 assembler?
    Dwight
    He said that he worked with thoose Microcontrollers back then, and still has a bunch of source code for it. He said that he also likes to revive old things and wanted to take a try on that.

I built sim.exe under 32 bit Cygwin. Could be you’ll have to rebuild from sources if you’re using 64 bit Cygwin. Let me know if that’s the case.

Mike