Image Map Image Map

Thread: XIRCOM PE3-10BT 10Mbps Twisted Pair RJ45 Parallel Port To Ethernet Adapter

Default XIRCOM PE3-10BT 10Mbps Twisted Pair RJ45 Parallel Port To Ethernet Adapter

Hi,

I am selling a XIRCOM PE3-10BT 10Mbps Twisted Pair RJ45 Parallel Port To Ethernet Adapter for sale at 25USD. This model comes with the PS2 power cable, RJ45 and BNC port.

I accepted payment via Paypal. Interested, please PM me. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mdanh2002; May 11th, 2019 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mdanh2002 View Post
    Hi,

I am selling a XIRCOM PE3-10BT 10Mbps Twisted Pair RJ45 Parallel Port To Ethernet Adapter for sale at 25USD. This model comes with the PS2 power cable, RJ45 and BNC port.

I accepted payment via Paypal. Interested, please PM me. Thanks.
    Forget to add that shipping cost is included in the listed price.

That really does not look like a Xircom PE3-10BT. It should be red, and with the -10BT designation it should only have a twisted pair connection, not a thinnet connection.

Can you provide a picture of the label? If it is really a PE3-10BT then it's a new variant that I don't think anybody has ever seen.

All the PE3 adapters I've ever seen were gray with a red band. I did some googling and it seems that the PE3-10BT was RJ45 only, the PE3-10B2 was BNC only, and the PE3-10BC had both (but was quite a bit larger, similar in size to a PE2)

Attached are the photos.

It didn't say XIRCOM anywhere on the labels but I assumed it's a XIRCOM - which other company produced similar parallel port Ethernet adapter?

I bought it bundled with a 386 laptop that has all the software necessary to get this adapter to work and it was working when I last tested it. Now that I have cleared all my devices with a parallel port, there is no way to test the unit to see if it's indeed a XIRCOM.
    Attached Images Attached Images

kgober - you are absolutely right, they are grey with the red band for driving the screws that attach them to the parallel port. The red band is very distinctive though.

mdanh2002 - I'm sorry but I don't think that is any form of Xircom PE3. It actually looks to be an Accton EtherPocket-SP.

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    kgober - you are absolutely right, they are grey with the red band for driving the screws that attach them to the parallel port. The red band is very distinctive though.

mdanh2002 - I'm sorry but I don't think that is any form of Xircom PE3. It actually looks to be an Accton EtherPocket-SP.
    mbbrutman - Thanks for the correction. I never know Accton also made parallel port Ethernet adapter. Now that it's an Accton, does anybody still want it?

Quote Originally Posted by mdanh2002 View Post
    mbbrutman - Thanks for the correction. I never know Accton also made parallel port Ethernet adapter. Now that it's an Accton, does anybody still want it?
    I bought it from you on ebay. It's just arrived. I'll test it with Mr. Brutman mTCP application this weekend and post the results.

Attached is the Packet Driver for it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pivanow; July 5th, 2019 at 06:18 AM.

I've just tested it and it's worked fine in Win98 windows network and with mTCP (as the pictures).

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

That's good to know - thanks!