Image Map Image Map

Thread: Mindset goes for $$$

Blog Entries

Default Mindset goes for $$$

I'm consistently surprised at what these go for...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F173895687324

Meanwhile I have one but cannot use it, since the designers *had* to put the power button on the keyboard.

I'm not sure I can criticize that selling price at all because, well, I have no idea how it was arrived at. The Mindset was a neat machine that also happened to be an utter commercial flop, so... it's certainly "rare"?

Probably the thing I remember Mindset most for was the ads from one of those electronics liquidator companies (DAK?) selling them off for pennies on the dollar as "PC Compatibles", which is an optimistic way of describing them.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Meanwhile I have one but cannot use it, since the designers *had* to put the power button on the keyboard.
    Yeah, it was such a pain to mod my USB keyboard adapter to disable that power button when I hook them up to my Gaming Rig...

Just Kidding.

I take it that it's a case of hard to find keyboards for these things? I really hate systems where they required the accessory like with the PS/1 that put the PC power button on the CRT or the adam that had the power supply for the entire system inside the printer.
    -- Brian

Working Systems: Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA
    Project Systems: Amstrad PCW 8256, Kaypro 2/84 (Bad Chips: 81-194, 81-189).

Blog Entries

Yeah I've never seen a Mindset keyboard come up, ever. I've been trying to figure put how to jury rig the PSU and start without it.. but haven't quite figured it out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eudimorphodon View Post
    I'm not sure I can criticize that selling price at all because, well, I have no idea how it was arrived at. The Mindset was a neat machine that also happened to be an utter commercial flop, so... it's certainly "rare"?

Probably the thing I remember Mindset most for was the ads from one of those electronics liquidator companies (DAK?) selling them off for pennies on the dollar as "PC Compatibles", which is an optimistic way of describing them.
    I would even just like to see a youtube video of one operating. I'm really curious about the graphics, Lumena, etc. I've only ever seen one video.. but it is just a demo video made using a Mindset.

Blog Entries

Kind of funny it went for best offer but only 1 bid?

Looks mint (because nobody ever used them) and complete with some options so the price doesn't seem too bad except for not knowing if it powers up and works.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Blog Entries

I suspect it doesn't. The Mindset PSUs are weak 65w units that apparently have a reputation for going up in smoke.