Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for drivers: Synchrome Technologies 4x4 CD-changer on parallel port

Default Looking for drivers: Synchrome Technologies 4x4 CD-changer on parallel port

Hello. I recently acquired an external parallel-port CD-ROM drive to use on one of my small form factor DOS machines. Synchrome Maestro CD-4x4 PC Parallel Port Four Disk External MiniChanger
    s-l1600.jpg
    It did not come with the driver disk, and there aren't any relevant markings on the case. It did come with the manual, but doesn't have a file list for what's supposed to be on the driver disk.

This unit has an NEC 4x4 cd-changer in it, with an IDE interface. I already have a driver disk for the drive itself, as I used to have one of those drives internal (without the parallel enclosure) that died years ago. I ought to be able to use any IDE CD-ROM drive in it's place if necessary, but what I need are the drivers for the parallel-IDE interface, since the disk I have was meant for the internal, not external/parallel version of this drive. The parallel-IDE interface has an "OnSpec 90c26" chipset, and I'm looking for DOS drivers.

Hoping somebody has these, or at least a link to where I can grab them, because Google ain't being terribly helpful.

Thanks.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

Blog Entries

Give the backpack drivers a go just for the hell of it.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."