Image Map Image Map

Thread: ODT copy and paste

Default ODT copy and paste

It there a trick to copy and paste more than one line into a ODT prompt?

Have a look at Jörgs Hoppe‘s PDP11GUI http://retrocmp.com/tools/pdp11gui

Also don't forget that the terminator in ODT is an ASCII Line Feed and not a Carridge Return. A CR will terminate the command.

To move on from one memory location to another (when depositing values) requires a LF not a CR.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by w3llschmidt View Post
    Short Answer: S L O W L Y

Long Answer: Some terminal emulators allow you to specify the delay between characters and/or delay between lines. Others can be set to wait for the charactor to echo on the screen before sending another. Without this, its easy to overrun the ability of ODT to capture input from cut and paste or batch sending of text. I keep a copy of ZTERM (OS X) around for this purpose.

I wrote a 'c' program that works with minicom to send the toggle in boot to odt.
    it just sends the characters and delays 100 milliseconds if it was '/' or 20 milliseconds if it was 0x0a (line feed)
    console running at 9600 baud. Your timing may vary...

joe lang

Hyperterm can do the same thing. You can specify an inter character time and an inter line time.

I am sure it can also perform CR->LF translation (not sure about this part though).

I have to do a similar thing when operating as a 'fast typist' from a disk file to the Intel iSDM286 debug monitor running on a 286/10A card.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by w3llschmidt View Post
    You might want to follow the link below. It lists a "quick and dirty c#" program to massage a text file of a PDP 11 program in octal into something you can pump into ODT with the LF (Ctrl-J) characters inserted where they're needed. He also mentions inter character and inter line delays that will allow ODT to keep up at higher baud rates.

https://www.codehosting.net/blog/Blo...ooting-via-ODT

Lots of other good stuff on his blog as well.
    "It's all bits on the bus, Cowboy! It's all bits on the bus!" -- Tom Beck, #1ESS Instructor, Southern Bell Opa Locka Training Center

Cool, sloooow works