Image Map Image Map

Thread: Wanted: Commodore Amiga 2000 in any condition

Default Wanted: Commodore Amiga 2000 in any condition

Hello, I have been trying for years to acquire a Commodore Amiga 2000. I've not had any luck on ebay so I'd though I'd try the VCF forums.
    It doesn't need to be in the best of shape, I don't mind a bit of battery corrosion, and it doesn't have to have the keyboard.

-Nolan

Have you tried the Amibay Amiga "Hardware for sale" thread? You might have better luck.

http://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?24-Amiga&

Also post your request in the Amiga "Wanted Hardware" thread:

http://www.amibay.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Amiga

Thanks, I might try that

Are you still looking for an AMIGA 2000?

If he isn't, I might be, if the price isn't too outrageous.
    -- Lee
    If you get super-bored, try muh crappy YouTube channel: Old Computer Fun!
    Looking to Buy/Trade For (non-working is fine): TRS-80 Model II,12,16,6000, Mac IIci hard drive sled and one bottom rubber foot, Hercules card + mono monitor (preferably IBM 5151), Multisync VGA CRTs, 040 or 601 card for Mac IIci, Decent NuBus video card, Commodore PC(286+), PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals, Amiga 2000 or 3000UX

No keyboard, or floppy drive, not sure if hard drive is still in unit, haven't opened in a while. Make offer.

Quote Originally Posted by bladamson View Post
    If he isn't, I might be, if the price isn't too outrageous.
    I have a basket case A2000 in the garage. The case has peeling paint and the motherboard got a good nuking from the clock battery. Probably repairable but I haven't been very motivated. (I pulled it apart after getting it and tried to neutralize further corrosion, but it definitely doesn't work now.) Has a SCSI-based hard card and a RAM board in it, either 4 or 8MB, I think, and I do have the keyboard around somewhere.

Not super-enthusiastic about shipping the monster, though, that's probably $100 right there given how huge and heavy they are. In my dreams I keep hoping someone local would trade me something more my cup of tea for it, like a working XT clone or a Tandy somethingsomething, but haven't had much luck with that.
    My Retro-computing YouTube Channel (updates... eventually?): Paleozoic PCs

Quote Originally Posted by BillT356 View Post
    No keyboard, or floppy drive, not sure if hard drive is still in unit, haven't opened in a while. Make offer.
    I'll let the OP have the first go at it, then we can talk. :3
    -- Lee
    Looking to Buy/Trade For (non-working is fine): TRS-80 Model II,12,16,6000, Mac IIci hard drive sled and one bottom rubber foot, Hercules card + mono monitor (preferably IBM 5151), Multisync VGA CRTs, 040 or 601 card for Mac IIci, Decent NuBus video card, Commodore PC(286+), PC-era Tandy stuff, Aesthetic Old Serial Terminals, Amiga 2000 or 3000UX

Quote Originally Posted by bladamson View Post
    I'll let the OP have the first go at it, then we can talk. :3
    I don't think he will last on June 5th 2019
    Never Bin or sell your old computer's you will regret it!!
    Vic 20 x3,C64 x2,128D,C128 flat deck,A1000 x2,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple ][e,2x Apple][ GS rom 01,03,Apple ][c x4 with only 1 PSU,2x Laser 128EX EX2,Atari 600XL,2x 800XL,130XE w/320 mod With a MyIDE plus,Atari 1040stf w/2.5meg..

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisUnionNJ View Post
    I don't think he will last on June 5th 2019
    Still, I'll give him a bit to respond. It seems like the right thing to do.
    -- Lee