Image Map Image Map

Thread: HP-85A Repair Parts Wanted

Default HP-85A Repair Parts Wanted

I have a HP-85A. It works, but needs some love.
    Where can I find replacement parts? I mostly find info about HP toners with the same model number.
    I found belts for the printer in the UK. about $15 total with shipping. Not to bad.
    But I need a tape caspin wheel The rubber on it has turned to goo.
    Also want a replacement screen cover. Mine has many deep starches.
    Suggestions, thought, ideas, link??
    Thanks everyone!!
    Atari Falcon030, Atari MSTE, Atari PS3000, STACY 4, 4160STE-CosmosEX, Atari PC1, 400/800/1200XL,800XL,800XE,130XE, XEGS, Apple IIGS, TRS-80 4P, TI 99/4A, Co-Co 3, Amiga 500, C64/128D

You can find replacement capstans at eBay item number:372621835166

Don

For the capstan rubber wheel, this is a common problem, try looking on hp9845.net for information.

Any perspex screen cover off an old VDU, security monitor etc could be cut down. You can polish the scratches out.

Measure the drive belts, length, width, tooth size, and do a search, many suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by woodchips View Post
    For the capstan rubber wheel, this is a common problem, try looking on hp9845.net for information.
    Wow, that site is awesome, thanks for mentioning it! I have one of these that I picked up a while back that will definitely need some love and care before it can be restored to operation.

I got some belts. Found a video on how to install them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdZ7xrCpKwA
    So far so good.
    Now the power up to calibrate the printer head position.
    The system does power on. but I get an error 23 on screen. I found I should type 'errl' to see what error this is . It reports 6. more research shows this is a printer control character rom error.
    Not sure where to go for this error. There are only 2 socketed IC's on the main board. I have reseated them, but no change.
    Thoughts ideas, suggestions.
    Thanks
    Atari Falcon030, Atari MSTE, Atari PS3000, STACY 4, 4160STE-CosmosEX, Atari PC1, 400/800/1200XL,800XL,800XE,130XE, XEGS, Apple IIGS, TRS-80 4P, TI 99/4A, Co-Co 3, Amiga 500, C64/128D