Image Map Image Map
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

Quote Originally Posted by maxtherabbit View Post
    well when the "other side of the story" is the dude coming in here and just saying "u mad bro?" it's easy to make a conclusion...
    Yeah I agree that there are two sides and red isn't just a bad dude, it's just that his comment was a little... inflammatory? at least not conciliatory.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Redmaus View Post
    Are you mad because I have the keyboard needed for whatever you wanted it for?
    I can't speak for 68k but for myself, I'm not mad with deskthority guys - just frustrated with the situations that arise. When you have a rare computer like the Mindset, say, and you know there's only one keyboard on earth that can operate it, and you see a guy on deskthority who has it and has no appreciation for what it is, only cares about the darned ALPS switches and gutting it to make it into something for every day use.. yeah, that kind of... irritates.

If I owned CR I'd totally blanket ban keyboard guys from the place. Lately I have been buying keyboards I know are popular with deskthority folks that I also know belong to vintage machines we collect, to keep them from being converted. Nothing personal, just want to ensure systems aren't rendered junk. There's no good or bad guys here in my opinion, we're just two groups of hobbyists at cross purposes, in competition for a scarce resource.

Meh, if I was treated like him on this thread, I doubt I'd come in here hat-in-hand and begging for forgiveness either. People have been saying pretty nasty things about stuff where a) they weren't there and b) they only heard one side of the story 3rd or even 4th hand.

But hey, it's always been the case that a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.

Blog Entries

. . . it's always been the case that a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.[/QUOTE]

I like your analogy - don't think I've ever heard that one before.
    Surely not everyone was Kung-fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post

I was thinking the same thing. I haven't heard that one before but it's good.

Quote Originally Posted by legalize View Post
    Meh, if I was treated like him on this thread, I doubt I'd come in here hat-in-hand and begging for forgiveness either. People have been saying pretty nasty things about stuff where a) they weren't there and b) they only heard one side of the story 3rd or even 4th hand.
    The TL;DR, though, is he was banned, with cause, by the people in charge of the warehouse. Maybe you don't have a problem with the behavior that they banned him for, whatever it was, but it doesn't strike me that you have any clearer window into what that actually was than anyone else who didn't directly observe him. Thereby assuming that it's "all lies" seems a bit... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Eudimorphodon View Post
    Thereby assuming that it's "all lies" seems a bit... ?
    I never said that. But hey, this is exactly how "lies" get spread around instead of the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
    . . . it's always been the case that a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.
    Apparently the idea that false statements travel faster than true statements has been around for quite a long time and "Quote Investigator" cites a bunch of variations.
    https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/07/13/truth/

Quote Originally Posted by legalize View Post

But hey, it's always been the case that a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth has a chance to put its pants on.
    From the horse's mouth:
    https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?t=22030
    https://web.archive.org/web/20190729...ic.php?t=22030

photo1.jpgphoto2.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto4.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto6.jpg

I repeat: This guy deserved to be banned.
    Once upon a time, the internet sucked because it came through the phone. Now the phone sucks because it comes through the internet.

Your text images got decimated...
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me