Image Map Image Map
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 176

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lake Havasu City, Arizona USA
    Posts
    253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dkarguth View Post
    Heh, it'll be going for a while. There's so much stuff in there that it would take months to sell it off even with the rate that stuff is going away now.
    So they are still Open on a day to day basis clearing stuff out? Do you know what Hours they are keeping?

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    5,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Yes. To learn when the days are, join the facebook group "Computer Reset Warehouse Liquidation" and look at the Events page.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    3,160

    Default

    Right, because EVERYONE has a facefook account.

    Anyway, I was just googling around and found this thread from a week or so ago with a bunch of pictures:
    https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?t=22030 (don't know if it was already mentioned here somewhere).

    Uh, keyboard folks.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Yes. To learn when the days are, join the facebook group "Computer Reset Warehouse Liquidation" and look at the Events page.
    **** Facebook.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    5,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Facebook was the quickest, cleanest, and easiest way to organize, coordinate, and moderate people from cctalk, vcfed, facebook, usenet, ddial, and wherever all else we are hiding in the four corners of the earth. Don't shoot the messenger.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Facebook was the quickest, cleanest, and easiest way to organize, coordinate, and moderate people from cctalk, vcfed, facebook, usenet, ddial, and wherever all else we are hiding in the four corners of the earth. Don't shoot the messenger.
    Facebook is the sewer of the internet, I'm not sure how any of the aforementioned things apply to it; Especially telling other groups they need to sign their life away to facebook just to view a bouillabaisse of relevant stuff mixed with loads of nonsense and ads that have no relevance whatsoever.

    The quickest, cleanest and easiest way to organize stuff would be a forum post somewhere linked to a google docs sheet of items and pictures, not an endlessly scrolling feed of nonsense.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Honestly, get over it. I don't care about Facebook either, but that's where it's posted. If you don't want to use Facebook then ask someone who has it to get the information for you.

    It's not just Facebook, most sites force registration of some type. I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to download a file or view an image on a forum (I believe that includes this one) and I've had to register for an account. Don't kill the messenger, it was asked where the info was posted and trixter responded.. Theres no reason to whine about the venue just because it's not where you want it posted. It's not access to life saving water, it's just a going out of business sale.
    -- Brian

    Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Right, because EVERYONE has a facefook account.

    Anyway, I was just googling around and found this thread from a week or so ago with a bunch of pictures:
    https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?t=22030 (don't know if it was already mentioned here somewhere).

    Uh, keyboard folks.
    Someone posted their experience with one of the keyboard people. A person was pulling all the keyboards they could find. There were a couple of TIPC keyboards that one guy needed as they are hard to find and proprietary to the TIPC. The guy taking all the keyboards said he was going to pull the switches and get rid of the rest. The guy that needed TIPC keyboards tried to get him to sell him the keyboards he needed to get his TIPCs running but the keyboard guy refused.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alphasite View Post
    Someone posted their experience with one of the keyboard people. A person was pulling all the keyboards they could find. There were a couple of TIPC keyboards that one guy needed as they are hard to find and proprietary to the TIPC. The guy taking all the keyboards said he was going to pull the switches and get rid of the rest. The guy that needed TIPC keyboards tried to get him to sell him the keyboards he needed to get his TIPCs running but the keyboard guy refused.
    Yep, that's me. I would appreciate it if you avoid giving the guy your business, as he was a jerk to everyone else who wanted keyboards. Also left a giant mess wherever he went, pulling things of shelves, leaving things on the floor.

    Also, if anyone else lives in north Texas and wishes to be in the loop about CR, there's a DFW Retro Computing discord server. PM me if you wish to have the join link.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chicagoland, Illinois, USA
    Posts
    5,883
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GiGaBiTe View Post
    The quickest, cleanest and easiest way to organize stuff would be a forum post somewhere linked to a google docs sheet of items and pictures, not an endlessly scrolling feed of nonsense.
    It's not an endless scrolling feed of nonsense when you're in the group: The only "feed" is the group itself, and it's 100% relevant. I'm thinking you've never used facebook before. Also, you can't have threaded discussions over a google docs sheet.

    I truly am the messenger, I didn't create the group and I'm not involved with the rescue effort.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •