Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

Default FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

I've never been to this place, but TX Dj posted a 30 minute walkthrough of the location. It's about what you'd expect: overfull to the top with boxes and equipment piled everywhere. It's mostly PC stuff, but TX Dj did note a few things in passing that might be of interest to other sorts of collectors: terminals, some IBM mainframe gear. There's lots of Apple ][ stuff visible in the video.

In the video I didn't spot any telltale signs of DEC minis, although TX Dj did note in passing various DEC terminals.

If you're into IBM PC Jr., this place is loaded with new old stock PC Jr. stuff. Also lots of original IBM PC (5150, 5160, 5170) stuff in there.

There wasn't enough in the video to get me interested in taking a trip because it's virtually all PC stuff.

Anything that isn't sold off is going to be recycled/scrapped/hauled to the landfill. The building is going to be sold and the building will be emptied out before sale.

Anyone nearby is encouraged to take a trip down there. Wear old clothes that you don't mind getting covered in dirt. Stuff is piled high to the ceiling and everything is dusty/dirty, but many things are in original boxes from what I could tell in the video. Bring a headlamp as overhead lighting is spotty.

Happy hunting!

I saw that video. I could go there, even though it's a bit of a drive. I'm willing to if noone buys the stuff, but so far I still believe someone will. Dallas is a big place.

It's one of those things where you really need to dig through the place to know what's really in there.

When The Black Hole was liquidating its inventory, I made 4 trips down there with a trailer on my car and each time I thought I had scoured the whole place and on each subsequent visit, I found new things that were unearthed in the newly exposed layers.

Blog Entries

What are prices like? I would hate to see somebody go down there for lets say an IBM 5150 that might not even work and spend 30 minutes digging it out of a pile only to get pricing higher then ebay.

The recycler I used to go to had things on skids that came and went pretty fast so there wasn't a mess, you could get to most things fairly easy (lighting did suck a bit) and prices were only a few times more then scrap.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

The only example I've heard from this place was $10/CRT. There's a chance that they value the desktops at a higher price though, so I also want to know this. I would hate to drive 700 miles and find someone wanted $80 a desktop or something. I mean, there were dozens and dozens of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    What are prices like? I would hate to see somebody go down there for lets say an IBM 5150 that might not even work and spend 30 minutes digging it out of a pile only to get pricing higher then ebay.

The recycler I used to go to had things on skids that came and went pretty fast so there wasn't a mess, you could get to most things fairly easy (lighting did suck a bit) and prices were only a few times more then scrap.
    From an acquaintance on Discord: "Today's haul: - 386 motherboard with battery damage for scavenging - Asante NuBus Ethernet card - VTech 8-bit ISA MDA/VGA video card - 2x IBM CGA cards - Cabletron NuBus Ethernet card - Apple Macintosh Display Card 1989/90 - Apple Macintosh Display Card 1990/91 - a couple Apple-branded Ethernet transceivers - unbranded SCSI CDROM & cable - SCSI cable - Mac 8-pin serial to DB25 cable - Sun 13W3 cable that I hope will work for my old Mac portrait display - a bunch of 30 pin SIMM connectors $10"

I'm not sure about other prices, I'll see if he knows.
    Wanted: ASR33 Teletype, TU56, RK05, VT52/100, Altair 8800 CPU card, KD-11A, VC8-E (M869 M885), RK8-E (M7104 M7105 M7106), TD8-E (M868 ), KE8E (M8340 M8340), memory for 11/40.
    Available for trade: AlphaStation DS10, DS15, Numerous PC ISA, PCI, and VLB boards and motherboards from the 5150 to P4 era, DEC Storageworks HDDs, misc DIP ICs, QBUS cards, 8080/85/86/88/Z80 CPUs, VT420, Misc radio valves (vacuum tubes), C64, Amiga 1200, Sinclair/TRS-80 spares, Mac Classic + Classic II.

from a reddit post a friend sent me:

"To get an idea of the prices, I picked up an SGI Indigo, a blueberry iMac, a big-ass Sun monitor, a Commodore 64, 1541 and 1802, two Compaq luggables, a third no-name luggable, a Toshiba T3100e laptop, a Pentium-era laptop, an Imagewriter II, a Mac SE FDHD, and two boxes full of ISA cards, hard drives, RAM and cables for $120. There are dozens of genuine IBM PCs and ATs, as well as Desqpros and generics from 8088 through 486 and low-end Pentium."

Why on Earth he picked up an imagewriter, who knows..
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Wow. I had to keep pausing the video to try to identify things. Very hard to make out the details, and lots of stuff in boxes.

Lots of IBM, IBM PC Jr, and PS/2 stuff. Any collector of just these could easily fill up their car with just a fraction of the stuff. Some big boxes of IBM Software too. Various Compaq Portables, Compaq deskpros, I thought I saw what looked like a Zenith Z-150, and a box for a TI Professional Computer.

Unfortunately, from a distance, many IBM PC clones look just like IBM PCs. And who knows what is installed inside any of these. I'd be tempted to grab anything with an MFM/RLL hard drive.

It looks like most of these systems would need some serious love. Having spent all weekend and then some just fixing up ONE computer... imagine multiplying that by 100,000 and that would be this warehouse!

@ 3:44 off to the right, looks like a IBM 9595. @4:48 under the telephone an HP Nimitz keyboard.

All the camera shake made me seasick. Really, I'm nauseated after watching that video.

Posted on Vogons a while back. This guy went down there and had quite a good time for 400 bucks.

https://www.vogons.org/viewtopic.php...=28580#p755973