Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

I expected this day would come. I have shopped there for parts for many years, very sad to hear of Richard's illness. Richard also ran a U-HAUL business inside the warehouse and drove a wood-paneled station wagon. I remember the first time sifting through the "drive" room getting numerous bug bites, so I had to apply repellent for future visits. Also hand wipes were a good thing to have after a visit as well. I hope this gear finds a good home, I will be making a few visits in the coming days to see what is left.

IMG_1658.jpg

Blog Entries

DJ posted that, as of right now, they are closed. So I'm not sure if their stock is available any more.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Yeah, I have bought from him off of eBay and then directly. Good guy sorry to hear he is sick. That explains why he has not relisted on eBay for the past few months. Too bad its in texas or I would love to stop by. I always thought his "catalog" was only the tip of the iceberg.
    Current Wish List: 1. IBM 7531 Industrial Series PC 2. NEC MultiSync XL (JC-2001) Monitor 3. MicroSolutions MatchPoint AND/OR UniDOS card 4. Compaq 14" VGA CRT Monitor (the one that came with the SystemPro). 5. Stacker HW CoProcessor Board MCA BUS. If you have any of the above for sale please PM me. Thank you!

The video link appears to be not working now?

What eBay user was that? What did they have listed? To often I drool over some item just to see it disappear unsold. (But it's either that or my wallet disappearing :P )

I guess TX Dj took down the video because he didn't want to send people off on a fruitless mission....

Blog Entries

So that stuff that is left over (most of it) will be recycled then? Some scrapper(s) is(are) going to make out well on that even if they only resell a small percentage of the items there.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown_K View Post
    So that stuff that is left over (most of it) will be recycled then? Some scrapper(s) is(are) going to make out well on that even if they only resell a small percentage of the items there.
    My understanding is that most scrappers won't be bothered with attempting to resell the collectible stuff. They'll just grind it up for precious metals recovery.

Man, I feel so impotent that I don't have any viable way to help out.

I understand the situation, but god damn, it still fills me with rage when I hear things are going to the scrapper.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by legalize View Post
    My understanding is that most scrappers won't be bothered with attempting to resell the collectible stuff. They'll just grind it up for precious metals recovery.
    I think that all depends on how large the outfit is. Quite a few of the larger ebay sellers are recyclers.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

So what happened to the stuff? We haven't even reached the weekend yet, seems kind of early to be cutting off interested parties to me. I was told some people were trying to buy the whole lot, I hope we can find out, if someone succeeds in doing that.