Image Map Image Map
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

I can understand somebody breaking apart an already broken keyboard for parts and selling those, but taking an already complete keyboard just robs somebody else of the chance to purchase a complete keyboard.
    My vintage systems: Tandy 1000 HX, Tandy 1100FD, Tandy 1000 RSX, and some random Pentium in a Hewitt Rand chassis...

Some people keep a classic car in their garage. Some people keep vintage computers. The latter hobby is cheaper, usually takes less space, and is less likely to lead to a fatal accident.

Quote Originally Posted by blackepyon View Post
    I can understand somebody breaking apart an already broken keyboard for parts and selling those, but taking an already complete keyboard just robs somebody else of the chance to purchase a complete keyboard.
    Very well said. Couldn’t agree more.
    Compaq - “It simply works better”

Quote Originally Posted by blackepyon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    Very well said. Couldn’t agree more.
    Keep in mind you're preaching to the choir, here.

I'm quite sure that 99.99%+ of the population-at-large couldn't care less about the fate of an old keyboard; just as I'm quite sure that not everybody here (the choir) really cares either.

When you're wearing rose colored glasses everything is rosey.

Why don't you post a question here regarding this matter and attach a poll to it.
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

Who the hell are you to try and tell people what they do and don’t care about?

I absolutely care about what happens to these long-out-of-production keyboards.

I think lots of people here wouldn’t like to see a perfectly good vintage keyboard gutted to make some USB piece of shit that’ll never have any value; this is the Vintage Computer Forum, not “Deskthority.”

Our goal is to preserve these machines and the accessories that go with them, not to hack them up and make them worthless.

Our goal is to preserve these machines and the accessories that go with them, not to hack them up and make them worthless.
    You're assuming an awful lot. Do you really think that the of the thousands of members here all share your objective equally?
    PM me if you're looking for 3½" or 5¼" floppy disks. EMail “ ” For everything else, Take Another Step

Who the hell are you to try and tell people what they do and don’t care about?
    Where did I say that?

I absolutely care about what happens to these long-out-of-production keyboards.
    Where did I say you didn't?

literal keyboard warriors over here

I think the *majority* of us active members on here have that goal. I think *most* of us are here because we like vintage computers, not because we like to make USB keyboards out of old switches. Is that better?

Never said you were talking directly to me, but where you said “I’m not sure everybody here (the choir) cares either.” Why would someone pretend like they cared about these keyboards when they don’t? What would be the purpose in that? I’m assuming blackepyon is what who you’re calling “the choir” here? You said you were “not sure” that they cared either. Again, why would they pretend like they cared if they didn’t?

Why do you have such a hard time imagining that a vintage computer enthusiast would be a little annoyed by seeing a perfectly-good keyboard stripped down? Are you just disagreeing for the fun of it?

I don’t want to get this thread locked, so this is going to be my last post about this here.

Why do you have such a hard time imagining that a vintage computer enthusiast would be a little annoyed by seeing a perfectly-good keyboard stripped down?
    I don't. But I also understand that not everybody sees things the same way.

Oh man, I think the majority of us have much more meaningful things to be passionate about. At least I hope.
    Items are shipped from California west coast. Please consider shipping costs before responding with an offer. All transactions are private exchanges. All rights reserved.