Image Map Image Map
Page 22 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: FYI: Computer Reset liquidation (Dallas, TX)

Blog Entries

It's on the record that the building needs to be cleared for demolition. There's no avoiding that to whoever it goes to will have to spend a fortune on logistics.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    It's on the record that the building needs to be cleared for demolition. There's no avoiding that to whoever it goes to will have to spend a fortune on logistics.
    Do the owners want the building demolished or is it a city or state thing? Because if it's either of the latter two, I'm surprised anyone is even allowed to go in the building.

Demolishing a building doesn't cost that much--just a couple of thousand--definitely far less than the value of the contents currently within it.

A fair price to the owners would be 1/4 of potential sale price of the items. That would leave about 10% left at the end for the person that buys it all after logistics, sorting, listing, selling, etc. No doubt that the entire lot would need to be moved to another facility, sorted and then packaged and shipped out or picked up locally from that location until it was all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Samir View Post
    Demolishing a building doesn't cost that much--just a couple of thousand--definitely far less than the value of the contents currently within it.
    Maybe in fantasyland. What dark abyss did you pull those numbers out of? $2,000 won't even the the heavy equipment to and from the site -- let alone do the work and cleanup.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Maybe in fantasyland. What dark abyss did you pull those numbers out of? $2,000 won't even the the heavy equipment to and from the site -- let alone do the work and cleanup.
    Quotes from our own real-estate work. I didn't say $2000--you did. I was thinking near $10k.

Quotes from our own real-estate work. I didn't say $2000--you did. I was thinking near $10k.
    A couple usually means "two".

The owner has said that if one wants to buy the whole lot, the building comes with it, and is at least $500k, if memory serves. But with Richard gone I wonder who is leasing the building and what they want to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Hansberry View Post
    A couple usually means "two".

The owner has said that if one wants to buy the whole lot, the building comes with it, and is at least $500k, if memory serves. But with Richard gone I wonder who is leasing the building and what they want to do with it.
    When you're talking about people, yes, when it comes to money, no.

Yeah, $500k was a pie high in the sky number like my dad gives for our properties. I wouldn't expect more than $150k tops if the building is in such shape that it needs to be demolished, and most of that would be for the land at $100k/acre, which I doubt it is even an acre.

A couple is two -- you can't change that.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    A couple is two -- you can't change that.
    I tend to agree with you but there is a sizable portion of the population that uses it to refer to quantities greater than 2 but less than 10. The same sets I would refer to as a "few"

Quote Originally Posted by maxtherabbit View Post
    I tend to agree with you but there is a sizable portion of the population that uses it to refer to quantities greater than 2 but less than 10. The same sets I would refer to as a "few"
    That doesn't mean that they are right.

And it certainly doesn't mean that I should or would perpetuate their misuse of the terminology.

I dislike the word couple. The dictionaries disagree with the common use of it, and it gives an opening for pedants to spread pedantry. But what can one do, the dictionaries undeniably say its an undefined small number comparable to a few.

The median price of a house in Colorado Springs is $320k; I wish I could live in that warehouse. I mean, I wish it were scientifically and legally possible, not that I wish to move there and buy it.