Image Map Image Map

Thread: Is there any easy way to port the UCSD-P System to a system like Micromint's SB180 ?

1. Default Is there any easy way to port the UCSD-P System to a system like Micromint's SB180 ?

Yes, I know, there is also a Z80 version of the UCSD system, but even this version does not run on a Z80 machine without modifications, think about the disk format for example.
    Is there any documentation available how to adapt the UCSD system to a "foreign" system - like the Alteration Guide of CP/M 2.2 ... ?
    I am not asking about a P-interpreter, because this seems to be solved easily. I am talking about the machine specific parameter (screen, disk access, disk format etc.).

Blog Entries

Have you tried the CP/M hosted version of P-System? That should hide all the disk issues and allow you to get to the program that defines things like terminal capability.

IIRC, one of the volumes had a guide to designing bootstrap code customizations but I can't locate it. http://pascal.hansotten.com/ucsd-p-system/ucsd-files/ has a file called ADAP40.ZIP which seems similar to what you might want.

Apologies for any mistakes on my part; I never did any adapting to new hardware.

3. Default

It seems you've found the right thing
    Inside the documentation, it is named "The full Adaptable System" (in Chapter IV.4, page 91). I would like to get a bootable UCSD system without the need for a "prebooted" CP/M.