• 64+2MB RAM
    • 4GB HDD
    • RISCOS v4.39 in ROM
    • 486DX4@100Mhz co-processor with MS-DOS installed
    • Castle 32 Bit SCSI 2 podule, 50pin,narrow/SE
    • one Slice
    • CD Drive
    • Floppy Drive

This item is fully working and in beautiful condition.
    The old CMOS battery was removed to avoid acid corrosion.

Has !PCPro v308 MSDOS-v6.22, with EMM386.EXE, !Publisher, !Artworks, !Easiwriter and lot of software installed.
    Complete with PS/2 adapting cable (the RISCPC uses a PS/2 keyboard, but the mouse uses a propietary protocol on a propietary connector, so I provice the adapter).

The DOS slice has a lot of programs, win3.11, borland {pascal, C, prolog}, and a lot other stuff.

From a smoke free home.

It's located in Switzerland at the moment, but I do live in Italy.

Asking 250 Euro + S/H
    Courier delivery will be about 30Euro withing Europe Zone0.

Buuuummmpppp
    I have been busy recently.
    Anyone interested?

Buuuumppp again

looking for your Xmas' gift? buuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Principality of Xeon the Great State of Central New Jerky

It looks reasonably marvellous, but I already spent my quota this year.

What do I have some sort of snapdragon in this phone? I wonder which unit is faster?

probably your phone, LOL!

Clearly I'd suspect most phones/tablets these days would be faster then that machine. Which doesn't speak negatively to it in anyway. As I said I overspent myself this year already. And I bought moore tols today! Would love to have an Acorn in my possession.

LOL and how could I forget. Amongst other purchases made over the weekend, I bought a 1600 watt atx power supply. For what I dont know exactly. Couldn't pass it up.
    Last edited by tipc; December 4th, 2019 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tipc View Post
    LOL and how could I forget. Amongst other purchases made over the weekend, I bought a 1600 watt atx power supply. For what I dont know exactly. Couldn't pass it up.
    So how can you pass this up?

http://www.vcfed.org/forum/showthrea...r-Power-Supply
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Mostly due to lack of relevance.

I have been working on my own CPU's ISA for four years, and it has been recently implemented on a Virtex@500Mhz FPGA equipped with modern DDR2 ram. What can I say? it's damn faster than a SA@200Mhz, and programming it in assembly looks more comfortable than everything else.

My toy is a RISC CPU implemented on a large FPGA, but it has a simple VDU engine, which allows you to connect a VGA screen. That makes it interesting to play with it, and the VIRTEX board also comes with two serial ports and two PS/2 ports to attach a keyboard and a mouse. Not too bad. Probably the mouse is too much because you'd have to implement a graphical system, but the keyboard for a kind of "DOS"-like operating system is as intriguing as feasible.

Currently, I am playing with a simple "monitor" program, 100% written in assembly.

I did something similar with MIPS, but MIPS assembly is terrible when you have a pipelined machine (like the modern MIPS32R2, usually found in routers), and it goes even worse when you have a pipelined superscalar machine (like the Toschiba/Nec R10K and above, usually found in SGI computers).

So ..... it's feasible, but with less fun.

The SA (strong ARM CPU) mounted in my RISC/PC is not bad to be programmed in assembly, and the RiscOS operating system was mostly written in assembly, and a lot of applications have a lot of modules written in assembly, but ... it's a different feeling.

.. perhaps I am more excited because I am writing my own assembly-compiler.

Anyway, I loaded the RISC/PC with a lot of DOS applications on the hard drive, and this always looks good and amazing to play with. Especially the Borland Turbo C and Turbo Pascal; I have also a couple of native RISC-OS applications, like Ovation, but ... it's the feeling you have that requires more time to learn how to use it for something more useful than "just having a couple of hours of fun" with a vintage computer.
    Last edited by ivelegacy; December 11th, 2019 at 03:18 PM.