Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trouble getting 386 board to POST, could anyone give me some pointers?

Quote Originally Posted by T-R-A View Post
    I concur. Looks like the trace itself also may have some corrosion as well. I'd consider pulling out C10 as well to see if there's any damage/corrosion underneath it as well. It appears that the trace runs from C10 itself to the via just above the positive side of the (now missing) battery (but removing C10 would confirm or deny that). Continuity should be checked on that trace to the via. It also appears there may be some residue to the right and above R43 (around the U24 IC --- two vias above also look to be questionable as well). A fiberglass scratch pen can aid in determining this...
    There is continuity between R43 and D2 as well as R42 and Pin 1 of the jumper above on either end.

Quote Originally Posted by appiah4 View Post
    There is continuity between R43 and D2 as well as R42 and Pin 1 of the jumper above on either end.
    Think you may have missed my point. The region I refer to is highlighted in the attached photo. They look questionable:

board.jpg

Also some issues could be under the large IC (U24), given its' proximity. You'll have to desolder it to be sure.
    Last edited by T-R-A; June 2nd, 2019 at 03:38 PM.

The capacitor leg and test point marked green have continuity so although that trace has surface corrosion it is intact.

The two test points marked green go under the keyboard controller but I will try to find a leg on the IC they have conntinuity with (keyboard controller, cmos or ISA Bus) as they presumably go to one or the other..

I really dont want to have to desolder the keyboard controller but I suppose it may come to that...
    Attached Images Attached Images