Image Map Image Map
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is there a software to transfer/image RANA ELITE Three DS/DD diskettes?

  1. #1

    Default Is there a software to transfer/image RANA ELITE Three DS/DD diskettes?

    Is there a way to transfer/image RANA ELITE 3 (or previous) DS/DD diskettes? Rana Elite drives are GCR drives connected to a standard Disk II controller but have higher number of tracks and/or sides.

  2. #2

    Default

    Hey George, Would Kryoflux be any help?

    https://www.kryoflux.com/

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tblake05 View Post
    Hey George, Would Kryoflux be any help?

    https://www.kryoflux.com/

    No, I have a friend who owns one and this device has great problems with dealing even standard non-protected DISK II 140K diskettes. Note that it also uses PC MFM FDDs.

  4. #4

    Default

    https://applesaucefdc.com/

    Now I'm pretty sure it doesn't support them yet, but it'd be worth emailing John so at least that option is on the table. If it connects to a Disk II controller, then he can probably add support for it. Seems like something he might be interested in doing.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
    https://applesaucefdc.com/

    Now I'm pretty sure it doesn't support them yet, but it'd be worth emailing John so at least that option is on the table. If it connects to a Disk II controller, then he can probably add support for it. Seems like something he might be interested in doing.

    Applesauce is a bit better but is still in its infancy. We've bought recently that expensive device too. My advice for those who consider obtaining it is to postpone their purchase. I am exchanging weekly messages with John lately. Applesauce still is unable to copy and even image many copy protected Apple2 5.25 diskettes. Of course for RANA it would work with proper software support for additional tracks since RANA diskettes are not copy protected...

  6. #6

    Default

    Not yet, anyway. I've been uploading copy protected disks for John. He's adding them as he gets them. Just a matter of time. I'm happy to be an early adopter and get it working for others.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olePigeon View Post
    Not yet, anyway. I've been uploading copy protected disks for John. He's adding them as he gets them. Just a matter of time. I'm happy to be an early adopter and get it working for others.
    One is pretty much forced to work for others since protected images must be sent to someone to "manually" convert them into their working image...Writing back to physical diskette without implementing something like parameter scripts as in Locksmith would not possible...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •