Image Map Image Map

Thread: Compaq Armada E500 PP2060 Drivers

Default Compaq Armada E500 PP2060 Drivers

Hello,

I have just become the proud owner of a Compaq Armada E500 which is in very good, almost unused condition, and which is fully working.

Came with Windows XP loaded

I've set up a dual boot with Windows 98SE & 2000 and it all works great.

I had to install a few drivers that Windows 98SE didn't have for it like video drivers, sound drivers, etc

Windows 2000 already had drivers for everything but the ethernet port, though I had to install the ESS drivers again for the volume buttons to work correctly.

The thing is I got all the drivers from this website: http://hpnotebookdrivers.com/compaq-...ws-98-drivers/

While the majority of them work, the ones for the Ethernet do not work (I'm totally ingoring modem, because it's useless to me having VOIP and not a standard phone line).

It seems different versions of this laptop have different Ethernet hardware, so if anyone knows what drivers will work for the ethernet on my model and especially where to download them, that will be a great help.

It's not the end of the world, I have a Xircom PCMCIA modem/lan card which even Windows 98FE has drivers for, so SE and 2000 should as well, but I'd rather not use my card in a laptop which has ethernet built-in.
    My Packard Bell has never given me any problems which were it's fault, the Packard Haters can stuff it! :

You can search for the default controller of the Ethernet or the controller on another website such as driver pack or helpjet