Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any thoughts on this VGA card working on a 1000HX?

1. Default Any thoughts on this VGA card working on a 1000HX?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XT-SVGA-8-b...EAAOSwYXFcvpjn

I had a PC Enterprises system VGA card back in the day, it worked. Does anyone have any idea if the above card would or would not work?

Blog Entries

You can email the guy to see if he can give you a contact in the states who has one. I just bought a XT-IDE card off him. Seems a pretty nice guy. Don't see any reason why it shouldn't work though.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

3. Default

I had done that, and he things it will work, I have no reason to believe it won't. I went ahead and ordered one for the heck of it and will report he results.

Blog Entries

Cool. I just bought a XT-IDE card off him yesterday for my XT Turbo clone. I live in the same town as Jacob. Seems a nice enough chap.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

This looks like a slightly different version of Sergey's SVGA card. It's a good price. I couldn't build and sell one at that price point.

Heather

Quote Originally Posted by Caluser2000 View Post
    Cool. I just bought a XT-IDE card off him yesterday for my XT Turbo clone. I live in the same town as Jacob. Seems a nice enough chap.
    Ahh that was you!
    You seem like a nice chap yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by SkydivinGirl View Post
    This looks like a slightly different version of Sergey's SVGA card. It's a good price. I couldn't build and sell one at that price point.

Heather
    Yup! It's based on Sergey's. Just smaller.
    More info and links are on my site. eBay doesn't like links.

Cheers
    JD
    Monotech PCs - brand new Vintage computer parts and accessories - Click here!
    EternalCRT: MDA/CGA/EGA>VGA Converter, XT-IDE, XT-CF-Mini, AdLib, DeluxeFloppy, PS/2>XT Keyboard Converter, XT-SVGA, NuXT, XT-MegaIO

Quote Originally Posted by nztdm View Post
    It's nice to see someone making them available. I was always impressed with his SVGA card. I have a few of them.

Heather

How is this going to work with an HX? Do you have some kind of breakout box that will convert the proprietary HX connector to standard ISA? Also, is there a way to disable the EX/HX internal TGA graphics?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by nztdm View Post
    Ahh that was you!
    You seem like a nice chap yourself!

More info and links are on my site. eBay doesn't like links.

Cheers
    JD
    Funny, I just sent you a message on Ebay asking about the documentation for the one I bought! I should be able to try it out this week.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    How is this going to work with an HX? Do you have some kind of breakout box that will convert the proprietary HX connector to standard ISA? Also, is there a way to disable the EX/HX internal TGA graphics?
    There are OEM tandy adapters and new ones that allow you to use an ISA card as long as it physically fits in the case.