Image Map Image Map
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PCB mounting suggestions

Blog Entries

Acrylic, not wood. I've got a pile of 3/8" stuff that should do the job.

Blog Entries

There looks to be enough room on the short edges to trap them under the head of four 5/8" long nylon pan head screws, through a 1/4" standoff spacer tube between the board underside and the base plate, eg the acrylic as you have.

Blog Entries

Less edge there than you'd think; I'm not exaggerating when I say a half millimeter--even 4-40 pan head screws don't to a reliable job. But thanks anyway.

I think that by what he means, you could even use a " screw, with 0.016" (less than half a millimetre) of PCB edge trapped under the head of a screw.

But I think a card edge holder/card slot would be a better way to go. Or, simply a larger PCB to plug it onto, with holes exposing the connector, LED, and switches.

Blog Entries

Yes that's pretty much it. For the card slot approach you could cut two strips of the acrylic then mill, dremel or even hacksaw a shallow card slot across the middle of them and superglue to the base piece with the board in place.

I wonder if there is enough of an edge there where you could mount 2 of these style things and slide it between them to hold it.

DSCF2700.jpg