Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOS IBM PGC on EBAY

Default NOS IBM PGC on EBAY

Well, not very common, but price is too much for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273899111098?ul_noapp=true
    IBM PC 5150(A): IBM PC 5150(B): IBM PC 5160 (64-256k): IBM PC 5160 (256-640k): IBM PC 5170 (099): IBM PC 5170 (319/339): IBM PC 5140: IBM PC 5162: IBM PC 5155: IBM PC Expansion Unit 5161:
    WANTED! : IBM 5175 monitor, IBM 5145 monitor, IBM PC screws, IBM Type13/WD 25 Hard Drive front panel/mask
    My IBM PC hardware collection

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by romanon View Post
    Well, not very common, but price is too much for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/273899111098?ul_noapp=true
    I imagine we'll see a lot of auctions like this from Texas over the next few months.
    Hopefully at lower prices.
    WTB: IBM RT Parts and Accessories, and AOS.
    Twitter / Discord / YouTube / Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by SpidersWeb View Post
    I imagine we'll see a lot of auctions like this from Texas over the next few months.
    Hopefully at lower prices.
    There is definitely a lot of stuff being salvaged from CR showing up on eBay right now. I've been watching with interest over the past few weeks and seeing/hearing about lots of PCjr gear coming out of there and I think it's no coincidence that the amount of PCjr items on eBay in recent weeks has not only increased but expanded in variety too.

All good in my books as it gives us folks a chance to get in on the action in a way, but like you said the prices need to be reasonable.
    AtariPC.net
    Atari PC | IBM Compatible Series

Yep. Gotta email from BG Micro this past week on a several PCjr items that they're selling. Might be worth a look for a PCjr fan.

I found a stash of fourteen of these NOS PGCs at CR, and I snagged 5 of them. Not my ebay ad, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dkarguth View Post
    I found a stash of fourteen of these NOS PGCs at CR, and I snagged 5 of them. Not my ebay ad, though.
    **sits in corner and cries**
    Daniel P. Cayea - The Lyon Mountain Company - Plattsburgh, New York 12901
    Vintage Equipment: IBM 5150 * IBM 5161 * ThinkPad 770ED
    Modern Equipment: MacBook Pro 13 * Alienware M15R3

I am going to sell a couple, but I honestly don't know what price to ask. One sold a couple of weeks ago on ebay for 500 if I remember right, but I have a feeling most people won't want to pay that.

Given that an entire IBM PC or XT setup rarely brings that, yes, $500 is well beyond reasonable for most (including myself). Yes, this is a rare piece of hardware, but still.

Also, aren’t these useless without the matching monitor? If so, that drastically devalues the standalone card in my opinion.
    Last edited by compaqportableplus; July 1st, 2019 at 02:34 PM.
    Compaq - “It simply works better”

Quote Originally Posted by compaqportableplus View Post
    Also, aren’t these useless without the matching monitor? If so, that drastically devalues the standalone card in my opinion.
    No, it just outputs a standard analog RGB signal with a composite sync. If you have a monitor that can handle the composite sync, it will work. You can also make a sync separator circuit as well, and it will work with VGA.

Quote Originally Posted by dkarguth View Post
    No, it just outputs a standard analog RGB signal with a composite sync. If you have a monitor that can handle the composite sync, it will work. You can also make a sync separator circuit as well, and it will work with VGA.
    Ah, ok. But, still, having the 5175 monitor would make it way cooler and more valuable in my opinion.
    Compaq - “It simply works better”