Image Map Image Map

Thread: OS/2 Warp 4.52 bitmaps folder

Default OS/2 Warp 4.52 bitmaps folder

Greetings to everyone.

In the summer of 1995 it was the first time I saw the OS/2 to a friends Aptiva 486Dx2 66 MHz. It was Warp 3.0 and I was shocked with the interface, but I couldn't find a copy to install it on my 386Dx. It had dual boot options to OS/2 and Pc Dos 6.3 - Windows 3.1. Later he installed Windows 95 and OS/2 was dissappeared for ever..

On 2001 I tried to install OS/2 Warp 4.0 to my AMD K6-2 with no success and I abandoned further tryouts.

Recently I found an installed full patched 4.52 version for Virtual Machine and give it a shot...

I decided to run it on real hardware. First tried it on Pcem with success and recently bought an IBM Thinkpad T23 laptop which is officially supported by OS/2. Installation was a success but I wanted something more modern, so I installed eComstation 2.0 and runs great. Some Dos games such as Prisoner Of Ice working without isues...
    But...

I want the bitmaps folder from 4.52 to be able to use original Warp wallpapers to eComstation and to ArcaOs. I will also replace the boot logo to.original Warp for sentimental reasons.

I can't copy the bitmaps folder from the Virtual Machine and the HDD isn't readable to Windows 7. Anyone who can send it to me? Thanks...

Blog Entries

Can't you FTP from the Virtual machine?
    Dave
    G4UGM

Looking for Analog Computers, Drum Plotters, and Graphics Terminals

Blog Entries

Yeah just set up networking and do the transfers to eComstation that way that way. With a cross-over cable just connect the systems directly and use the NETBui protocol.
    Last edited by Caluser2000; June 28th, 2019 at 01:08 PM.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

From VM no, and neither from the PCem (PC Hardware emulator not software). Only if I found a way to burn a CD through my T23 laptop, but I don't know a CD burner application for OS/2.

Or I must reinstall to physical hardware and try through lan to share a folder, but I'm amateur on OS/2, I'm just learning it, that's why I want to buy ArcaOS to be able to use it on modern hardware...

I don't know if this will work with OS/2 but I've done a similar process with other operating systems:
    * Create a FAT16-formatted VHD
    * Add it to the OS/2 virtual machine
    * Copy the files onto the newly-appeared drive
    * Detach that drive from the OS/2 VM, and attach it to a Windows VM that can share folders with the host.

Or just install OS/2 onto a FAT drive instead of HPFS.
    Linux can (or at least, could) read HPFS natively as well.
    Or just unpack the files from the installation CD...

Blog Entries

Just went trough my old hdds. I've still got my old install of 4.52. If you wont I can have a go at copying it into 7z format and email it. Currently have my P1 166 test rig setup on the kitchen table so it shouldn't take that long.
    Thomas Byers (DRI)- "You'll have a million people using the A> [MS-DOS prompt] forever. You'll have five million using [nongraphic] menu systems such as Topview, Concurrent PC-DOS, Desq, and those types. But there'll be 50 to 100 million using the iconic-based interfaces."

Quote Originally Posted by AM386Dx40 View Post
    I can't copy the bitmaps folder from the Virtual Machine and the HDD isn't readable to Windows 7.
    Do what everyone else did back in the day... copy the files to a pile of floppy disks (disk images).