Image Map Image Map

Thread: SWTPC 8212 Terminal

Blog Entries

Default SWTPC 8212 Terminal

Scored one of these for $195. Can't resist SWTPC gear!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...cL?usp=sharing

I'm a pretty hardcore SWTPC devotee but their later stuff is a bit of a mystery to me. I've only seen this terminal in bad quality black and white scans of old documentation. It's quite a lot larger than the CT-82.

Unfortunately this one comes with its original box and foam, which means probably I'll be storing it in that. I can't throw out an original SWTPC box.

The terminal does not work, naturally. Not sure where to begin but obviously I have other projects on the go.
    Last edited by falter; June 28th, 2019 at 08:25 PM.

Nice! I’ve got a full SWTPC computer, terminal, cassettette interface, and disk drive system I purchased complete and in excellent condition from the original owner a couple of years ago. I have yet to even unbox it all due to too many 8080 projects already underway. Someday soon...

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by deramp5113 View Post
    Nice! I’ve got a full SWTPC computer, terminal, cassettette interface, and disk drive system I purchased complete and in excellent condition from the original owner a couple of years ago. I have yet to even unbox it all due to too many 8080 projects already underway. Someday soon...

Mike
    Heh, I finally got a board set for my SWTPC 6800, after years of folks promising sales/trades. Bought someone's old homebrew chassis with a basic board set in it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by deramp5113 View Post

Mike
    Is that the regular 6800 or their corporate stuff? I'm really interested now in their later business machines like the S1000 or S+. I narrowly missed that S1000 that sold recently.

Quote Originally Posted by falter View Post
    Is that the regular 6800 or their corporate stuff? I'm really interested now in their later business machines like the S1000 or S+. I narrowly missed that S1000 that sold recently.
    Mine is the original 6800 SWTPC computer and early accessories.

Mike

6. Default

@falter: Is there a chance you could get the crystal values for me? I can see at least 2, one on the video board near the voltage regulator, and one on the CPU board next to the INS8250N chip. Thanks!

Blog Entries

The one on the video board is 17.0748.

The other one looks like 1.8432

8. Default

Thank you.