Image Map Image Map
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xerox 6060 restoration

Blog Entries

That's a terminal, not a computer monitor.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

I saw that on sale, I always wondered whether it would work as a monitor for a 6300, but I didn’t feel like spending $200 + shipping to find out

Principality of Xeon the Great State of Central New Jerky

I was rord the 7300 monitor though identical pretty much, wasn't compatible. And he worked at at&t. But I still have trouble believing it.

Olivetti made monochrome monitors for M24 in amber (Bernstein), green and blue. I think it was choice for customers, green is very rare, most customers have chosen blue. I have blue M24 monitor, and amber M240 monitor (and amber M21). M19 has green monitor , with a very long afterglow.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Olivetti made monochrome monitors for M24 in amber (Bernstein), green and blue. I think it was choice for customers, green is very rare, most customers have chosen blue. I have blue M24 monitor, and amber M240 monitor (and amber M21). M19 has green monitor , with a very long afterglow.
    Are you sure about this? Every M24 I have ever seen has had a green monitor, including the one I used to have 30 years ago and the one I have now. Also every video Iíve seen on YouTube about M24s shows green monochrome monitors (except those that have a colour display).

I have never seen or heard about a blue monochrome monitor, and I would really like to see one! Please share some photos!

I have seen a few in Frankfurt office.

Here is an M24 with green monochrome monitor. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-PC-O...IAAOSwgzJd4k7~

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Here is an M24 with green monochrome monitor. https://www.ebay.de/itm/Vintage-PC-O...IAAOSwgzJd4k7~
    Yep - my point exactly - green monochrome monitors are by far the most common ones for M24s.

Default PCB done!!

The PCBs arrived! And, most importantly, most components arrived as well, so I very quickly soldered one together... and it works!

The holes on the PCB for the thick Xerox/6300/M24 power cables are for M4 screws, which fit the metal connectors well enough (well, with a bit of persuasion for one of them... or you could use M3.5 screws). The PCB connectors for the CRT and +/-12V are not the same as in the original but they fit well - if anyone knows what exact model number the original connectors are (they are made by AMP) pls do let me know...

The 15V voltage regulators works like a charm - it heats up far less that the pre-built version I originally got from eBay, probably because the PCB and the heat dissipation pads I put in are larger, and the support components I chose are over-specified.

Also I originally intended to put in an ďangledĒ ATX connector but I created the PCB footprint for a straight-up one I already had, assuming the angled one I had ordered (but not yet received) would have the same one, but alas... no. So straight-up it is.

50F3228C-9664-4A63-811B-0CC0EA0B8D94.jpeg

0B471953-BBD6-419B-A465-E649ED74C9DA.jpeg

That looks nice. Will you place all the ATX PSU and adapter board inside the M24 PSU chassis?