Image Map Image Map
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Xerox 6060 restoration

Blog Entries

This is great! I'd love to repair 2 of my M24s that have dead power supplies, but not with original parts because they're so non-standard (and dangerous!)
    Offering a bounty for:
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    That looks nice. Will you place all the ATX PSU and adapter board inside the M24 PSU chassis?
    Thank you. The ATX PSU innards are already inside the old M24 PSU chassis. The adapter board would most likely fit inside as well (maybe bolted upside down to the ceiling of the old enclosure) but it would make cable routing quite messy. What I plan to do eventually is to bolt the adapter board to the outside of the original PSU chassis with some metal standoffs, on its side between the PSU and the ISA slots. There is enough space there for the adapter board (maybe a couple of inches?), good access for the cables that need to reach it, good airflow (not that it needs it), plus the (very bright!) status LEDs would be easily visible, instantly telling me if the PC is on or not (just joking, but seriously, with the new fan even in a very quiet room you canít hear the difference between the ON state and the OFF state)

Please post some photos of the final mounting of the board. If it looks good, I am interested to get such a board, or maybe two. Maybe you can provide a kit with all necessary components?

Quote Originally Posted by 1ST1 View Post
    Please post some photos of the final mounting of the board. If it looks good, I am interested to get such a board, or maybe two. Maybe you can provide a kit with all necessary components?
    Sure I will post some photos when I do, but it may be a little while. I first have to re-lay the PCB to get have the correct footprint for the angled ATX connector, since I want the ATX cables to stick away from the adapter board towards the back of the PC case, instead of straight up towards the ISA slots. Then Iíll get it re-fabricated (probably at the same time as the M24-IDE in the other thread), re-assemble it, and only then fix it in position. If you are interested in these boards pls feel free to PM me.