Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PCjr goes for... $600??

Blog Entries

Default PCjr goes for... $600??

Am I missing something here? Is it the Racore unit driving the price up? Didn't think the jr got into this strata.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F202711169318

It's a little high maybe, but that came with everything fully working...

Blog Entries

Dual-drive racore + 640K + monitor + everything verified working + some pieces in boxes -- That's worth about $400 these days, and more if it's in excellent cosmetic condition. "Tested working" is, itself, worth money to people who don't have the time or skill to do electronics repair.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Slightly off topic but humorous, sometimes I wonder where eBay gets their recommendations from. 'Sorry, that PCJr is no longer available but we found something similar...an Atari 400/800 Ram Card'. Though, an Atari Ram Card might be more functional than a PCJr.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Hmm... I'm sitting on a gold mine!

Though I may have to battle Mike on who's going to win the Scrooge McDuck look-a-like contest.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

Blog Entries

IIRC, Mike has a literal tower of PCjr chassis he can sit atop, so that might be pretty hard to beat. (I've only got 5 system units, 4 monitors, 2 racores, and a partridge in a pear tree. I do have a bazillion joysticks though, and a friend found cluster adapters for the PC so I might actually be able to set up a cluster sidecar network someday.)
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Is there a limit to the sidecars? I want to see who has attached the most sidecars.

I think if we are going to go PCjr specific then I'm going to win, but that's not something I should be bragging about. Some people would recognize it as hoarding. ;-0

Alan has a much more varied set of interests. I respect any dining room table that has one or two AT&T 3B2s on it. The Tandy display at VCF SE in 2018 was also quite impressive, including the signage that came from Tandy itself.

I think I've seen a PCjr with 3 or 4 expansion units on it, and a different one with 8 sidecars. They were both abominations. ;-0 The sidecar count is limited by power, and eventually the signal will just turn to crap.

Quote Originally Posted by mbbrutman View Post
    I think if we are going to go PCjr specific then I'm going to win, but that's not something I should be bragging about. Some people would recognize it as hoarding. ;-0
    It makes sense that you need more... Unlike where 100 PS3's are equivalent to a Super Computer, 100 PCjr's are equivalent to a PC.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Only difference between a hoarder and a collector is space. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Up to 8 3b2s and 9 Jr's. Sigh. Time to rent more space.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me