Image Map Image Map

Thread: Any interest in C128 exclusive Sears monitor and printer?

Default Any interest in C128 exclusive Sears monitor and printer?

I picked up a Commodore lot including this obscure Commodore looking monitor and unidentified printer. Turns out it's a Sears branded exclusive kit. The monitor's got a wildly proprietary RGB connector and I've got its cable that plugs into the C128's 9pin dsub supporting 80column display. The printer supports the C128 via those round end IO cables. I don't have the printer ribbon.

As it appears these devices support only C128s there are literally ones or twos of you who are interested.

Respond if interested, otherwise they're shipped to China to be rendered into gold.
    IMG_7147.jpg
    IMG_7146.jpg

Blog Entries

Your location to figure out shipping would be nice.
    What I collect: 68K/Early PPC Mac, DOS/Win 3.1 era machines, Amiga/ST, C64/128
    Nubus/ISA/VLB/MCA/EISA cards of all types
    Boxed apps and games for the above systems
    Analog video capture cards/software and complete systems

Ah, the Sears SR2000. I spent fifteen years looking for the manual and finally obtained it in the past year.

It will do parallel or serial via option boards; look on the back of the printer to see what is installed. It worked fine on a PCjr I had it connected to.

And yes, post your location or region - it makes it easier to find a home for it.

Blog Entries

I interested in the monitor.
    I still use my 128 sometimes, it's my favorite commodore.

I have a vic20, c64, c16, Plus 4, 128, and a Pet 2001
    But the 128 was my daily driver in my teenage years.

Later,
    dabone
    Last edited by dabone; July 7th, 2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WesterHellBender View Post
    Respond if interested, otherwise they're shipped to China to be rendered into gold.
    Sears branded Commodore products.. I'm sure there's nothing even remotely resembling gold in those two devices.
    -- Brian

Systems: Amstad PCW 8256, Apple IIe/II+/Mac+/Mac 512k, Atari 800/520STFM, Commodore 64/Amiga 3000/PET 4032/SX-64, IBM PS/1 2121-B82, Kaypro II, Osborne 1, Tandy 1000 SX, TI-99/4A, TRS-80 Model 4 GA

Isn't the monitor just a CGA monitor?

Sorry, I've applied my location. I'm in the Seattle area. I'll PM those who are interested.

Turns out it does work as I successfully tested it in mono mode with my Amiga. Judging by it's connectors and cable it's totally a C128 thing. Using some adapters you could probably use it with an Amiga, but it's probably not worth it.
    IMG_7162.jpg
    IMG_7165.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WesterHellBender View Post
    I picked up a Commodore lot including this obscure Commodore looking monitor and unidentified printer. Turns out it's a Sears branded exclusive kit. The monitor's got a wildly proprietary RGB connector and I've got its cable that plugs into the C128's 9pin dsub supporting 80column display. The printer supports the C128 via those round end IO cables. I don't have the printer ribbon.
    Oh, I have that monitor - both the silver one and the whitish one. I also have the 20-inch version of the Sears. Ray Carlsen examined the whitish one and discovered that the RGB input does not display the C128's 80-column brown.

Have you contacted the Seattle Commodore Computer Club? http://www.sea-ccc.org/ They probably would be interested in the equipment.

Tell them I sent you,
    Robert Bernardo
    Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
    August 10-11 Commodore Vegas Expo v15 - http://www.portcommodore.com/commvex