Image Map Image Map

Thread: What is the value of this mainboard fuse on this Apple IIC?

Default What is the value of this mainboard fuse on this Apple IIC?

So I was building a replacement ac adapter for an apple IIc and one of the solder leads in the adapter came free and shorted out. I repaired it and tested on another apple IIc and the AC adapter works again. The problem is when it shorted it blew the F1 fuse on the main logic board of my other apple IIc, see photo: iic fuse.jpg (its the silver and white one to the right of Capacitor 59)

Does anyone know its value or where I can source a new one? These permanent fuses are pretty foreign to me.

Thanks.

Was hoping for some input, I rolled the dice and bought these. I hope they work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pc-Cerami...72.m2749.l2649

Blog Entries

A 2A fuse should be fine as the max output from the AC adapter is 1.2A. Just gives you a little more wiggle room for addons and inrush current.
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    A 2A fuse should be fine as the max output from the AC adapter is 1.2A. Just gives you a little more wiggle room for addons and inrush current.
    Thanks I was thinking the same. The only thing I find online references a 10a fuse but that seemed way too high to me so I bought the 2a instead.