Image Map Image Map

Thread: Free for postage : Burroughs field engineering training center, large systems folder

Default Free for postage : Burroughs field engineering training center, large systems folder

Free for postage a cool Burroughs field engineering training center large systems folder.
    Its a 3 ring folder and has usage marks and some small rust spots on the metal mechanism but still very well usable.
    Also reads Malvern, Pennsylvania on the front.
    My collection of brochures : http://classic.technology

Hi, has the item been scanned? are you able to take a smartphone snap or similar of the table-of-contents please.

thanks,
    nigel.

Hiya Nigel,

Its just the folder, nothing in it, well nothing that describes the cover
    There's just the calcomp stuff in it that I am also offering free for postage.

Unless you want a scan/photo of the folder itself ?

Grts, Stefan.
    My collection of brochures : http://classic.technology

Quote Originally Posted by SunDown79 View Post
    Free for postage a cool Burroughs field engineering training center large systems folder.
    Its a 3 ring folder and has usage marks and some small rust spots on the metal mechanism but still very well usable.
    Also reads Malvern, Pennsylvania on the front.
    Strange coincidence, I was just out last night with a friend of mine who works in that building for Unisys. Unisys is closing that building next month. RIP Burroughs!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by SunDown79 View Post
    Unless you want a scan/photo of the folder itself ?
    Hi Stefan, thanks for the clarification, I was hoping there would be some interesting printed matter don't think I need to see the plastic folder, thanks for the offer though.

Quote Originally Posted by hornbetw View Post
    Unisys is closing that building next month. RIP Burroughs!
    Tom
    Interesting news, if your friend knows of any manuals/documents from the 1960s to early 1980s that could be rescued the Burroughs enthusiast community would be glad to learn of them.

There are large sections of Burroughs documentation that are missing so we are keen to fill the gaps.

thanks.

The buildings where the mainframes were worked on, at that site were emptied out a few years ago, so I doubt that any docs are still floating around.

Tom