Image Map Image Map

Thread: HP 9000 Series 300 Video Help

Default HP 9000 Series 300 Video Help

I recently came into possession of an HP 9000 Series 300 - specifically a 310 - and have a question regarding the video output.

I connected my Zenith Data monochrome monitor and it seems to almost work. I can see the output from the processor board, but there are three columns of the same information?! I've attached a few photos.

2019-07-17 10.05.21.jpg2019-07-17 10.05.39.jpg

I can't seem to find any information regarding the signal output from the processor board, so I'm not sure if this is a problem with the processor board, or with my Zenith monitor.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cliff

The horisontal scan frequency of the original HP 35731 monitor is 24.9 - 25.8 kHz. Does your Zenith cope with that?

Look here for more info:https://www.hpmuseum.net/display_item.php?hw=224

Thanks MattisLind! That's a good point. After some research, I can't seem to find any specifications for the horizontal refresh rate of the Zenith 121. The only mention I find is the US standard 60 Hz vertical refresh rate, and a claim of 15 MHz bandwidth. I'm by no means a monitor expert, but I guess I've never seen a monitor referred to in terms of its "bandwidth."

Again, thanks for the information!

Best,

Cliff