Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tandy EX boot disks

Default Tandy EX boot disks

Silly question. I made the Tandy EX ms-dos disk from an image on tvdog’s site with freedos’ diskcopy command. Unfortunately it doesn’t want to boot. Is there a better dos app for doing this or maybe something is up with the image file? Anyone run into this? Thanks
    Looking for:
    A foot from a Tandy 1000/SX/TX
    Tandy 1000SX expansion bay support bar
    That little tab from the upper right corner of a Tandy 1000 keyboard or EX that holds the function key labels in place

Well I managed to work around the problem. Basically my original disks are going bad, but I was able to boot of the original EX DOS disk, switch it out for a non-bootable copy, then run sys from that one to make a new bootable disk. When I run DISKCOPY on the new disk, the copy is bootable.

This leads to my next question: I have the Tandy EX FUNdamentals disk, and its working fine, but I cant seem to make a copy of it. The disk is a booter, and wont play nice with DISKCOPY or FIRM. Has anyone been able to image this? I'm not seeing it on tvdogs site.
    Last edited by GrandPoobah; July 21st, 2019 at 03:00 PM.

... Anadisk
    Looking for:
    That little tab from the upper right corner of a Tandy 1000 keyboard or EX that holds the function key labels in place

Blog Entries

Try using Dave Dunfield's ImageDisk to make an image of it, then write that image back to a blank disk: http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm

If the image tests as good, could you make it available somewhere? I have a Tandy 1000 EX and I've never seen that disk, and would like to run it.
    Offering a bounty for:
    - The software "Overhead Express" (doesn't have to be original, can be a copy)
    - A working Sanyo MBC-775, Olivetti M24, or Logabax 1600
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    Try using Dave Dunfield's ImageDisk to make an image of it, then write that image back to a blank disk: http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm

If the image tests as good, could you make it available somewhere? I have a Tandy 1000 EX and I've never seen that disk, and would like to run it.
    No luck there. I put what I believe are the right settings in for a 5.25 DD but it only reads for a second then quits. I would very much prefer to store this as an image file and would absolutely put it online if I can.
    Looking for:

Blog Entries

With a BLANK, FORMATTED disk as a test (not your original!), what happens when you run TESTFDC that comes with ImageDisk?
    Offering a bounty for:
    - Music Construction Set, IBM Music Feature edition (has red sticker on front stating IBM Music Feature)

Blog Entries

Alternately, you can try ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/misc/Soft...s/disk2img.zip as the imaging program. You can call it like:

disk2img a: c:\temp\image.raw
    Offering a bounty for:

Quote Originally Posted by Trixter View Post
    With a BLANK, FORMATTED disk as a test (not your original!), what happens when you run TESTFDC that comes with ImageDisk?
    DONT PANIC! I made multiple copies with anadisk. The data is secure.

TESTFDC seems to error out with "!No FDC Interupt"

On the other hand I was able to get DISK2IMG dump the disk. It also gave me the helpful info that the disk has 8 sectors per track.
    Last edited by GrandPoobah; July 22nd, 2019 at 06:54 PM.
    Looking for:

Blog Entries

Okay, so try DISK2IMG and see if that works? (can write it back to a blank formatted floppy with IMG2DSK in the same FTP directory)
    Offering a bounty for:

Yeah baby! Thanks for the help trix, and for the tools to do it. I uploaded funda-ex.zip to tvdog for ya.

On a side note that stupid booter woke up my whole family as I normally route to speakers on my SX from the autoexec.bat. Dang booter blasted out the PC speaker at full volume.
    Looking for: