Image Map Image Map

Thread: 3032 second cassette port ?

Default 3032 second cassette port ?

Just cleaning up inside my 3032 and is that a second cassette port I spy inside the case ?

How do I access it, or is it a simple clone of the external port. Dont want to try plugging anything in without knowing.

I imagine its a left over from when the cassette was built in.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    Just cleaning up inside my 3032 and is that a second cassette port I spy inside the case ?

How do I access it, or is it a simple clone of the external port. Dont want to try plugging anything in without knowing.

I imagine its a left over from when the cassette was built in.
    In the original 2001-8 PETs, that port did connect to the internal cassette and was the default device (1). In the next models, it is device #2 as in LOAD "program name", 2 or SAVE "program name", 2 and is rarely used but is available.

Thanks.

I thought it might be useful for an internal tapuino, but then realised I would still need access to the buttons.Will stick to the idea of modifying a knackered C2N instead.

And so, the project begins and a broken C2N is almost converted to a Tapuino case, just need to mount some momentary push buttons onto the frame so the old keys press them in.

But on the same theme as the original post, I note the circuit board of the C2N has a pass through to an identical connection to connect another C2N, odd.

And so, the project begins and a broken C2N is almost converted to a Tapuino case, just need to mount some momentary push buttons onto the frame so the old keys press them in.

But on the same theme as the original post, I note the circuit board of the C2N has a pass through to an identical connection to connect another C2N, odd.
    afair it's not a pass through connector, it's a test port to access various signals. My memory could fail after more than 30 years though.
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by iz8dwf View Post
    afair it's not a pass through connector, it's a test port to access various signals. My memory could fail after more than 30 years though.
    Frank
    Followed some of the connections through and they turned up on an edge connector identical to the one out the back of the PET, was a quick look and might have missed one, but it certainly looked like they were all repeated there.

Followed some of the connections through and they turned up on an edge connector identical to the one out the back of the PET, was a quick look and might have missed one, but it certainly looked like they were all repeated there.
    some, not all.

http://www.zimmers.net/anonftp/pub/c...te/cas-10r.gif

Quote Originally Posted by iz8dwf View Post
    Ahh, interesting, thanks.