Image Map Image Map

Thread: Looking for 5.25 half-height floppy drive enclosure with PSU.

Default Looking for 5.25 half-height floppy drive enclosure with PSU.

Hi there, looking for a 5.25 (preferrably half-height) floppy drive enclosure that I can plonk a TEAC FD-55GFR into (and a SuperCard PRO), anybody have one for sale?

-Thom

Blog Entries

Where are you located? I still have a few NOS IBM 4869 boxes around.

Denton, TX.

I am also looking for any working 5.25 DS/DD drive, I had forgotten that the FD-55GFR couldn't write 48TPI disks very well. urgh.

It had never occurred to me that the 5.25" drives would basically become as unobtanium as they are. sigh.

-Thom

Quote Originally Posted by tschak909 View Post
    Denton, TX.
    Your Profile conveniently holds that info so you don't have to mention it every time you post a message.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by tschak909 View Post
    I am also looking for any working 5.25 DS/DD drive, I had forgotten that the FD-55GFR couldn't write 48TPI disks very well. urgh.

It had never occurred to me that the 5.25" drives would basically become as unobtanium as they are. sigh.

-Thom
    I've got a Teac FD-55BV in excellent condition that's seen very little use if that's of interest to you and I've got some others as well.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Still looking for an enclosure. I am doing active software development, so I really need one! My Qumetrak 142 is just sitting exposed on the desk, and I have a serious problem with that.

-Thom