Image Map Image Map

Thread: NOX - Disk 1 and Disk 2 are Identical

Default NOX - Disk 1 and Disk 2 are Identical

As part of a large lot of games, I picked up an old Win 95 game of NOX which comes on two CDs. In making sure I could read the discs, I found both are identical which I found completely bizarre. The discs came without a manual and are clearly labeled disk1 and disk 2 and appear to be the original discs.

Anyone have this game and know whether this is actually the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks...Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Grandcheapskate View Post
    As part of a large lot of games, I picked up an old Win 95 game of NOX which comes on two CDs. In making sure I could read the discs, I found both are identical which I found completely bizarre. The discs came without a manual and are clearly labeled disk1 and disk 2 and appear to be the original discs.

Anyone have this game and know whether this is actually the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks...Joe
    Mine are not identical. Disk 1 has a DIALOG folder under INSTALL which has a lot of WAV files, disk 2 does not.

Not sure if there are other differences.

Quote Originally Posted by keenerb View Post
    Mine are not identical. Disk 1 has a DIALOG folder under INSTALL which has a lot of WAV files, disk 2 does not.

Not sure if there are other differences.
    Wow that was an old post I replied to.

Quote Originally Posted by keenerb View Post
    Wow that was an old post I replied to.
    Yeah it was. I can't believe it was over a year ago I bought these games. I had given up on anyone answering this question and just happened upon it today because it was top of the stack. I will have to check my discs and see if this is the case with mine as well. Since I originally posted I have purchased a new sealed version of the game as well.

Thanks...Joe

You didn't tell how you came to the conclusion that they are identical. They may have the same files/folders in the root, but that doesn't make them identical - they aren't.

Now there's a small chance that you've got a misprint of the game, but I highly doubt that.

There was indeed a small number of games that came with two identical discs in the package for multiplayer. But NOX isn't one of those.

I seem to remember that the second disc was a multiplayer only disk, for lan gaming.

Sorry, I did perhaps expressed it ambiguously. I wasn't to say that NOX had no disc for multiplayer, but that it's not one of the very few games where the multiplayer disc is identical to the single-player disc.