Image Map Image Map

Thread: Convergent Technologies and "Mightyframe" hardware

Blog Entries

Default Convergent Technologies and "Mightyframe" hardware

There was a thread a couple years back on this forum that discussed these machines a little and if I recall there was a LOT of futzing, a lot of missing resources and a lot of "this is the only thing known to still exist."

Paging firebirdta84, your knowledge has been requested as your work is apparently the only stuff that pops up on he Internet

Well I've been approached being offered three mightyframes, three boxes of Ctix, hardware and administration documentation and at least one box full of Convergent branded QIC tapes. I have not yet powered anything on and on inspection MOST of the tape bands are still intact (and a few others have snapped) and two of the three machines still have hard disks. It's a hell of a lot of stuff, so before I go loading up the AMC with the obvious "YES! TAKE IT!" I want to know what can be really done with it besides it being your typical 80's Unix machine with lots of ASCII teminal I/O or if there is someone who wants to dump all these tapes/scan these binders for archival sake? It's in no risk of being thrown out but the person selling would prefer that he move it all in one deal due to rarity.
    Last edited by NeXT; August 7th, 2019 at 09:37 AM.
    = Excellent space heater

I can help with tapes and docs.

I can vouch for bear, and could be a backup as well.

Blog Entries

Okay I'll see if I can crack a deal and for the time being get the docs and tapes sent to either of you for archiving. You have a message bear.
    Stay tuned.
    = Excellent space heater

Blog Entries

Oh, you run mightyframe.blogspot?
    = Excellent space heater

Quote Originally Posted by NeXT View Post
    Oh, you run mightyframe.blogspot?
    No, I'm not the one who runs mightyframe.blogspot but had some mailcontact with him. Reading my posted text now I see that my text can be misinterpreted as the order of the links should be with some explanation.

I store files on oldcomputers... for personal use only.

Blog Entries

The systems are loaded up and on their way to their new home while the books and tapes have been delivered for analysis and archiving. This may take a few months due to priorities but I would expect there to be an exponentially larger number of resources available for the Convergent folks in the next year.
    = Excellent space heater