Image Map Image Map
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tandy Assembly 2019 is September 27-29th in Springfield, OH!

Default Tandy Assembly 2019 is September 27-29th in Springfield, OH!

Come join us for the world's largest gathering of Tandy Radio Shack TRS-80 computing enthusiasts!

http://www.tandyassembly.com

All the Z80 machines, 68000 8" business computers, PCs, Pockets, Cocos! From the original Model I to the Model 4. From the Tandy 1000 to the Tandy 5000. From the Model II to the Tandy 6000. We celebrate them all!

We've added a new Tandy Tech Track this year where you can attend classes taught by some of the leading experts in the Tandy Radio Shack vintage computing community.

http://www.tandyassembly.com/techtrack.html

So, are you going?

I really did plan to go again this year. But with my current employment situation (or lack there of), I can only splurge on one fall trip and that's MW. I had a big PS/2 vs T5K exhibit planned as well. Maybe next year.
    "Good engineers keep thick authoritative books on their shelf. Not for their own reference, but to throw at people who ask stupid questions; hoping a small fragment of knowledge will osmotically transfer with each cranial impact." - Me

3. Default

I am going and bringing the souped up 1000HX

Last year was fun and definitely looking forward to it again.

This seems like a good place to post my request

Is anyone flying in to Dayton then heading out to Springfield on Wednesday 9/25 in the evening? I was wondering if anyone was hiring a car or a cab to Springfield and my son and I could tag along, to save on a cab fare to Springfield? I'm happy to chip in on car rental or cab fares if needed?

Drop me a line if you think you can help out.

Cheers,

Ian.
    *There is never a charge for Tech Support even if you don't purchase from me - We are Enthusiasts Helping Other Enthusiast and that is just the way it is

6. Default

I will be there and attending for the first time. Looking forward to it!

Courtyard Marriott appears to already be fully booked that weekend. Considering how dead that town is, I find it hard to believe.
    Can anyone recommend a good nearby hotel?

Quote Originally Posted by Torch View Post
    Courtyard Marriott appears to already be fully booked that weekend. Considering how dead that town is, I find it hard to believe.
    Can anyone recommend a good nearby hotel?
    We had about 100 attendees last year so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Did you call them and ask about Tandy Assembly? They may have set rooms aside.

I used the link from the Tandy Assembly website which I believe has a block of rooms set aside, but Marriott showed all were already reserved. I also tried directly through their website thinking I can book a room normally, unfortunately there's nothing available Saturday into Sunday. I'll still give them a call. I see there are plenty of hotels within 5 to 20 miles (and the room I had last year left a lot to be desired) so no big deal if I have to stay at a different place.

I am looking at the Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Springfield, OH myself is 2 miles away and has good review. only 96/night