Image Map Image Map
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VLSI 82C840 486 chipset: anyone seen a working UMB driver?

Just load 'EMM386.exe NOEMS' and you'll get exactly what you want, ο φίλος μου.
    PM me if you're looking for 3" or 5" floppy disks. EMail For everything else, Take Another Step

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Just load 'EMM386.exe NOEMS' and you'll get exactly what you want, ο φίλος μου.
    This is actually what IBM did , I spend some 30mins restoring the whole HDD with the Spring '93 files , I guess it was the only way all that fancy bloatware *cough* could work on the system LOL
    I thought there could be something in the PS1TOOLS directory but nope... only APM stuff mainly.

Sorry to threadjack, but I don't suppose you have a way of dumping the BIOS for that motherboard, do you?

I did dump the bios and it's identical to the one linked here: http://oldcomputer.info/keep/c/museum/pc/PS1_2168 "eprom-upd-19930920.7z"
    My board is a 65G7662 , soldered 486sx25, overdrive socket, 72pin simm sockets, onboard CL5424/512kb and support for 128/256kb of cache.
    Trying to repair yours?

Trying to revive a dead board whose eprom I overwrote like an ignoramus. I forgot to save the old image. Thanks for the link.

Edit: I doubt it would work, I somehow missed this was an IBM machine the first time. :/
    Last edited by Moogle!; August 11th, 2019 at 07:24 AM.

yeah it won't... maybe if you strip the VGA bios at the beging , most likely the system bios is the last 64kbytes of data