Image Map Image Map

Thread: HILOADER not at 51200 ? ( $C800)

Default HILOADER not at 51200 ? ( $C800)

I am trying to load and run my HILOADER in the C64 Macro Assembly Development System. It is supposed to load at 51200 and then use SYS 51200 to run.

However it just crashes at this point. At load up, my C64 is just turned on with nothing else running. Has anyone else run this loader at this address?

My LOLOADER loads at 2048 ($0800) and runs when "RUN" is typed in.

The other assembly programs on the disk run with either a SYS or RUN command.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AAGDOS View Post
    I am trying to load and run my HILOADER in the C64 Macro Assembly Development System. It is supposed to load at 51200 and then use SYS 51200 to run.

However it just crashes at this point. At load up, my C64 is just turned on with nothing else running. Has anyone else run this loader at this address?

My LOLOADER loads at 2048 ($0800) and runs when "RUN" is typed in.

The other assembly programs on the disk run with either a SYS or RUN command.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I think you mean 2049 ($0801). What command are you using to load the HILOADER?

Frank

Default SYS 51200 does work with Load "HILOADER64",8,1 - Thanks

Thanks to Frank..!!.. I rechecked my LOAD and RUN commands and found these work.....

1. Load "ASSEMBLER64",8
    Run

2. Load "LOLOADER64",8
    Run

3. Load "HILOADER64",8,1
    SYS 51200

It seems that the HILOADER needs the trailing ",1" in the Load command to work, although the LOLOADER does not.

Good!

Any address besides $801 (on a C64) requires ,1

This confirms that your "LOLOADER" is at $801, not $800.

Default Good clarification - Thank you

Thanks to Frank and Space Commander for the clues and information. The C64 Assembler Booklet and the Assembly Book from Mark Andrews are sometimes in "dis-connect".

In "going retro", I have found the 6502/6510 Assembly Language itself to be straightforward (with a little work!!) in learning op codes, addressing, memory map,..etc...but what is missing is a "Quick Start Guide" with a detailed write up on how to load and run the programs from the disk in the first place! The load, edit and save procedures are all different for the Editor, Assembler, Loader(s) and Monitor(s) programs!